• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt Player

Share/Bookmark
    Power Profile User

Kontakt Player

Why doesn't the settings in the Kontakt player hold? When I set the volume, using the knob, while the piece is playing, it sounds as I set it. When I go out of the player, the volume resets to where it was before I changed it.
    Is the Kontakt player only good for "on the fly"?

Re: Kontakt Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bob De Celle
    Is the Kontakt player only good for "on the fly"?
    Depends on how you have the Options menu set. If you deactivate the "use cc7 and cc10" option then the knob settings should be saved with your song file (and stay put during use since it will ignore any incoming volume or pan data.) Keep in mind that the graphic controls in the player itself - like the mod wheel, pitchwheel, and keyswitches - are there for testing purposes only. There is no communication from the player to your sequencer, only the other way around. If you have the cc7 and cc10 option activated then all control must come from data in your tracks. You will need to play from an external source (like a keyboard) or draw data directly into your tracks.

Tom

Power Profile User

Thanks you so much. That was an easy fix. I'm not using a sequencer. I use Finale and the instrument I'm writing about is an upright bass. I need arco and pizz so I (with help of David, actually with a lesson from David) created an expression using "channel" for the pizz bass. The pizz bass wouldn't recognize any volume change. Now it does, and thank you again. Now I'll stop pulling my hair out.

B.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob De Celle
    Thanks you so much. That was an easy fix. I'm not using a sequencer. I use Finale and the instrument I'm writing about is an upright bass. I need arco and pizz so I (with help of David, actually with a lesson from David) created an expression using "channel" for the pizz bass. The pizz bass wouldn't recognize any volume change. Now it does, and thank you again. Now I'll stop pulling my hair out.

B.D.
    Bob,

You don't need to use channel change expressions if you are using Fin2006 or newer. Just use "Pizz." (no playback definition) and Human Playback will catch it automatically.

where do I find the "options" menu to deactivate "use cc7 and cc10"?
    in Finale or in the Garritan Studio?

Power Profile User

Quote Originally Posted by Thad
    Bob,

You don't need to use channel change expressions if you are using Fin2006 or newer. Just use "Pizz." (no playback definition) and Human Playback will catch it automatically.
    Thad, I tried that. The piece starts out with arco so I used the arco base in JaBB. For some reason, when I added pizz to the score, Finale wouldn't recognize the pizz. That's why I changed the channel. It's possible that I didn't do it right, but thanks anyway for the input.

Power Profile User

Quote Originally Posted by crewman76
    where do I find the "options" menu to deactivate "use cc7 and cc10"?
    in Finale or in the Garritan Studio?

Crewman76, the "options" is on the Kontakt player itself, right under "LOAD"

Go Back to forum