• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio crashes due to filespy.sys

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio crashes due to filespy.sys

Beware!

If you have SEAGATE drives, or your system reboots due to having gigastudio, search the system32\drivers folder for a file called filespy.sys and REMOVE THE DAMN THING, after uninstalling gigastudio.

Re: Gigastudio crashes due to filespy.sys

Hi whatever your real name is!

Hide behind your monitor....but face to face I think not.

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for getting personal

Youll probably notice (then again most likely not) than I wont ark up and do the same to you.

Itd take a lot more than your shallow words to even touch me.

I will as you say "f..." off from here, and leave people like you right alone.

You're probably a psycho speaking like that anyway.

Oh and one last thing.

If youre a senior member of this forum, then youre really not setting a good example here are you?

Most dignified people who take the time to post dont expect to get that kind of crap thrown back at them.

sh336697

Just disable File Monitoring in Gigastudio. Then try to figure out why your system is unstable. Learn something and get the facts. There have been many discussions about this kind of topic here.

- G

As I've heard several people say since I've been here, most of the time when something goes wrong with giga, there's something I either don't have right or can't understand. However, to berate others for having found the answers suggests another problem totally unrelated to the art of making music. This is exactly why I don't frequent sites like Sonar often. There are those who can't seem to conquer the craft and are downright angry. So far, thankfully, the people I've encountered on this site are eager to share any knowledge about giga, including the problem you've encountered. I'm sure if you were to check just a wee bit closer before condemning, you'll find that mentioned somewhere. I'm a beginner with giga and have made new friends just by being friendly and not pretending to know what in reality I don't. When you're angry the blood rushes to your head and you no longer act, you react. Coherant thinking then becomes impossible. Relax, clear your mind of the garbage and you'll see answers that were there all along.
    Sorry folks, I just couldn't help it.
    -Rajay

My post was out of order so I've deleted it. Sorry about that.

I hope you get your problem sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamera
    Just disable File Monitoring in Gigastudio. Then try to figure out why your system is unstable. Learn something and get the facts. There have been many discussions about this kind of topic here.
    Gamera is quite correct. The file monitoring seems to have conflicts. Disable it, if you're having instability issues.

I recommend against deleting filespy. It may solve a short term problem, but may cause unintended consequences. At some other point in the code, the Giga app may need to communicate with filespy, and who knows the consequences? It's not like any of us are experts on the last iota of GS3's source code - or even the first iota!

Disable File Monitoring. That's safe. Deleting filespy.dll is just a shot in the dark.

A short info on that filespy.sys. This *.sys file isn´t a part of GS 3... it´s a file from "BitDefender 9 Professional Plus". Maybe .. if you are experience some problem´s deinstall it.. and search another firewall/is solution or something

Greetz

SoniX

P.S. If you delete that file... you maybe get the problem that your Bitdefender will not function correctly.

Go Back to forum