• Register
  • Help

Topic: how much to charge for this kind of gig...

Share/Bookmark

Question how much to charge for this kind of gig...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Hi people...

3d animation graphic company asked me to make a proposal of doing music for their animation for a TV station.... it's not a big TV, it's a global polish TV station which has 4% of the all audience in Poland....

THey want me to make proposal with prices....
    I neve did something for TV station.... They want a loopable background music for their programm.

How much should I charge.... for example if I charge X for minute of music for the multimedia CD-ROM presentation then how many time X should be for a minute of music for a small yet global country TV Station ????

3 times X ? 5 times X ? 10 times X ???

HELP !

Re: how much to charge for this kind of gig...

Tough to answer because it probably depends a lot on the local market. One thing you can try is just to ask "So, what is your budget??" That gives you an idea of what kind of money they are thinking.

TV guys didn't come to mi directly, they hired a 3d company to do graphical design/anims and they want the company to find music studio to do the music and they want to be shown a full proposal from a 3d company for graphic and music...

so the company (3d) asked me how much do I charge for a minute in this situation....
    and I can't ask for a budget...

Well do you know what the 3d company are receiving?

Be sure to keep the rights so you can claim royalties. If this will get played a lot it might be worth not pushing the price too hard and then instead get the royalties. If they want all the rights, then obviously your price should go up.

Sorry I can' help you more than that.

Go Back to forum