• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: "Etude #7" (Is it real or is it Memorex?)

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Etude #7" (Is it real or is it Memorex?)

    All,

    Here is a short excerpt from my "Etude Number Seven".

    Is it real or is it Memorex? Am I playing it in real-time or am I not? To fool you or not to fool you. That is the question.

    This is the Garritan Personal Orchestra Steinway piano.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Etude #7" (Is it real or is it Memorex?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Am I playing it in real-time or am I not?
    Hard to say. Sounds nice though.

    Aleksandar

  3. #3

    Re: "Etude #7" (Is it real or is it Memorex?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar
    Hard to say. Sounds nice though.

    Aleksandar
    Thank you.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    177

    Re: "Etude #7" (Is it real or is it Memorex?)

    Hi Larry -

    Yeah! I get to add another one of your wonderful tunes to my playlist .

    You really made the Steinway sing!

    However, I'm going to say you entered this in note by note and not by playing it. The rhythms are just a bit too perfect to be played by hand - but that could just be me...I'm not a very good pianist :P.

    - Michael
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

  5. #5

    Re: "Etude #7" (Is it real or is it Memorex?)

    Quote Originally Posted by mfortunato
    Hi Larry -

    Yeah! I get to add another one of your wonderful tunes to my playlist .

    You really made the Steinway sing!

    However, I'm going to say you entered this in note by note and not by playing it. The rhythms are just a bit too perfect to be played by hand - but that could just be me...I'm not a very good pianist :P.

    - Michael
    NYC Dude,

    Thanks for listening and responding, Mr. Michael.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: "Etude #7" (Is it real or is it Memorex?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander

    Is it real or is it Memorex? Am I playing it in real-time or am I not? To fool you or not to fool you. That is the question.
    A hard question to answer. We all suspect there's a MIDI
    connector under that beard, you know...

    Regardless, nice piece, Larry. I might suggest a little more
    liberty with tempi and rubato; but then, I'm an unabashedly
    sloppy-hearted neo-Romantic, as you know.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  7. #7

    Re: "Etude #7" (Is it real or is it Memorex?)

    I appreciate your suggestions, Mr. Romantic...err Mr. Dave. Thanks.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •