• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt 2 Library Standouts?

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2 Library Standouts?

Greetings,

Before the deadline hits, I'm considering the crossgrade to Kontakt2. Besides the VSL samples, are there any other included sounds that are worthy of particular mention? Thanks.

Re: Kontakt 2 Library Standouts?

No!

Edit:
    oops, I think I missunderstood your question.
    The sounds beside the VSL Strings are not as good as the VSL but still usefull.
    They show a lot of the scripting and programming features in Kontakt2

Kontakt2 is the best sampler you can get, so the stock library should not be the reaseon not to buy Kontakt.

Even if you don't plan to buy some extra libraries, each library for:
    kontakt-player1, kompakt, intakt and the upcoming kontakt-player2 library
    is much more flexible when you load the instruments in Kontakt2.

The scripting possibilities are absolutely outstanding and it will take years
    until other companies reach this quality of features.

I think we are still at the beginning of the scripting area.
    All the nice features like speed-controlled playing in VSL
    or the chord-mode in real-guitar are possible with Kontakt scripts.

The first Kontakt-player2 libraries are just about to come out
    and there will be a lot of new possibilities of instrument controlling
    that we don't even dream about today.

So, don't miss the deadline, get Kontakt2

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Seriously? Except for the VSL samples, the K2 stock library is a waste of time?

Boy, I hope not. I'm buying one tomorrow. Mind you, I'm getting it so i can get other libraries that require the sampler, and to replace my clunky EXS24 interface, but hate to fill my hard drive with mediocre samples

sad but I think true. I too dont' think the library has any standouts besides vsl..... but I bought it more for use with third party libraries.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Hmmmm...you've made me re-think my purchase.

are you buying K2 alone or the Komplete 3 at the $599 price, cause to me the latter is a no brainer as you have more than enough from that.....but K2 is getting to be one of the best supporter sampler formats....I woudn't dismiss it as lightly...were you happy with the exs24 library?
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

EXS came with Logic, like it or not. It's library was never a criteria in the purchasing decision. It looks like the only reason to buy K2 is to accomodate sample libraries that I might buy in the future.

ah ok.
    my point with that was however, that I have a few friends that do have exs and I dont htink their library has ever impressed me either. garage band actually has the nicest library of apple products to me...

I differentiate between outstanding and useable. K2 library has many usable patches, just not outstanding... and bear in my most of us who have commented have great third party libraries and some of us have even developed GREAT third party libraries.....so we may be nit picking.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------

Gotcha. I'm just trying to rationalize the purchase. Doesn't seem like I'm able to do that. There are no K2-specific libraries that I'm wishing I had right now.

Go Back to forum