• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar 5 PE not loading GPO Strings KS correctly

Share/Bookmark

Sonar 5 PE not loading GPO Strings KS correctly

Help!

I am using Sonar 5PE and GPO. Whenever I open a project that has any section strings KS programs, all I get are trills. I have to then reload all of the section strings. PITA!!

IOW, it is not properly loading the KS programs.

Does anyone know what is happening with this?

Thanks
    Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO
    Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our upmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets -- Zoltan Kodaly

Re: Sonar 5 PE not loading GPO Strings KS correctly

Quote Originally Posted by ChoralBoss
    Help!

I am using Sonar 5PE and GPO. Whenever I open a project that has any section strings KS programs, all I get are trills. I have to then reload all of the section strings. PITA!!

IOW, it is not properly loading the KS programs.

Does anyone know what is happening with this?

Thanks
    Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO
    Ron,

The KS programs are keyswitched. Try pressing different notes on the octave below where the notes start. These will activate different patches such as sustains, short bows, trills, etc.

Gary Garritan

Hey Gary

I should have said that in my message. I did try the keyswitches after loading, but they don't change.

Ron
    Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our upmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets -- Zoltan Kodaly

Quote Originally Posted by ChoralBoss
    Hey Gary

I should have said that in my message. I did try the keyswitches after loading, but they don't change.

Ron
    Try an octave lower or higher. Maybe the octaves are different on your keyboard.

Gary Garritan

Ron, in the Kontakt Player the Keyswitches are coloured yellow. You can either click these directly or use them to monitor, which keys you play on your keyboard. Just make sure the right instrument has been selected in the Player!

Also, to ensure that you are getting the instrument selection you need, put the keyswitch notes into your MIDI tracks. If you want a sustain, put in a keyswitch "C" (correct octave) at the beginning of the track, before the first musical note. The keyswitch note will choose the articulation. The yellow colored notes mentioned by Nickie can be used for testing from the graphic keyboard in the player but these selections will not be remembered the next time you load your song file. The switching note data must be arriving at the player from a MIDI track for the switching to work upon reload of the song. Your first job, though, is to find the correct octave location of the keyswitches. Watch the graphic keyboard of the player as you send MIDI note data. You should see when the yellow keys are being activated, which will identify when you have found the correct keyswitch notes. Also, keep in mind that any keyswitch must precede the note(s) that you wish to affect.

Tom

Go Back to forum