• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to get a glis/slide in VSL/GS3

Share/Bookmark

How to get a glis/slide in VSL/GS3

I don't know where to post this. I'm trying to find out if I can get a glisando in my strings in VSL/GS3. I have Horizon 1/2 but I can't find any instruments that have the ability to glis from one note to another for intervals within an octave up or down from the starting note. If I were able to do this, particularly if it were possible to vary the speed at which the glis progresses through time, I'd really be happy. Have any users of the full cube tried to do this?
    Thanks for any help,
    Kevin

Re: How to get a glis/slide in VSL/GS3

Quote Originally Posted by kevjazz
    ... I have Horizon 1/2....Kevin
    I'm guessing you mean Opus 1/2. If that's correct, then you'll find gliss instruments in the perf-leg files of the string sections. You can't control the speed, though. Of course, if you roll your own glisses for say, a piccolo (using the perf-leg one), it wouldn't be a true gliss, but you could control the speed, and it sounds just dandy. Actually, you may be able to gliss through a series of notes with the string patches for some control over speed. Worth a try....

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    I'm guessing you mean Opus 1/2. If that's correct, then you'll find gliss instruments in the perf-leg files of the string sections. You can't control the speed, though. Of course, if you roll your own glisses for say, a piccolo (using the perf-leg one), it wouldn't be a true gliss, but you could control the speed, and it sounds just dandy. Actually, you may be able to gliss through a series of notes with the string patches for some control over speed. Worth a try....

Belbin
    Yes, I do mean Opus 1 and Opus 2. Can you tell me which instrument names I'm looking for in the perf-leg? Are they portato or something else?
    Thanks,
    kevin

Yes, I do mean Opus 1 and Opus 2. Can you tell me which instrument names I'm looking for in the perf-leg? Are they portato or something else?
    Thanks,
    kevin
    The one from the violin ensemble is "VI-14 Perf-Leg Porta". Substitute the instrument name (abbreviated) with number of players (eg. VA-10, or whatever), and you've got the others.

Belbin

When I fired this up in the celli, I got notes taht bend up tot he note you play from one half step down. However, what I'm looking for is a series of performance intervals that slide from the first note you play to the second, such as from C second space bass clef to A one major sixth above this. How would I do this? The perf-leg porta is not the answer so far.
    Thanks,
    Kevin

When I fired this up in the celli, I got notes taht bend up tot he note you play from one half step down. However, what I'm looking for is a series of performance intervals that slide from the first note you play to the second, such as from C second space bass clef to A one major sixth above this. How would I do this? The perf-leg porta is not the answer so far.
    Thanks,
    Kevin
    Use the performance tool/VSL midi router!! It's all explained clearly in the documentation.

It may not be exactly what you're looking for at the moment, but you're gonna crap when you realize what you've been missing!!

Belbin

Go Back to forum