• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fun with Melodyne

Share/Bookmark

Talking Fun with Melodyne

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I have learned over the years that I have to allot a certain amount of time each day to just doing goofy stuff and having a bit of fun – or I swear I’ll lose it. (For anyone who mistakenly believes that I haven’t already).

Melodyne 3.1Studio is a serious tool along with all our other big stuff you might find in a reasonably well-equipped studio. After a hard days work today, I thought to myself, “If my brain has one more thought, it will explode”. I had one - and managed to avoid the mess. I had already done my “Touch one note – trigger 88 keys” script in Kontakt 2 (That was a good day, that) but it was quite some time ago. Tonight I have had endless fun mutilating some of my favorite music. Since most of it (Rush,Yes) etc, has vocals that are a bit in the high range of human tolerance, I decided to transpose my favorite songs down by as much as 6 semitones – it’s like a new tune! Make Jon Anderson and Geddy Lee sound like Darth Vader (proper mis-use of formant is required)! Make Barry White sound like Jon Anderson – that was a hoot. (Not to mention kicking up the tempo from 88 to 160).

Then create an impulse out of a snip of a cappella Bary and run Ged through it (then naturally - sample it, run it through distortion or a 2by12, and compression (slow attack). Next, take the sample and throw it in a grain grinder (granular synthesis), edit the formant again, bake 2 min, add Reverb to taste (Taj Mahal is a good choice for a preset). Let cool. Serve (well to yourself, no copyright infrigers here ).

Time for bed I think…(or a thorazine drip which is on a timer to gradually introduce caffeine starting at about noon.)

…2112
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Talking Re: Fun with Melodyne

Hi Brian,
    Are you going to share your results? I'm interested in hearing them! Sounds like it would be quite entertaining!!
    Take Care,
    Steph

Re: Fun with Melodyne

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    Hi Brian,
    Are you going to share your results? I'm interested in hearing them! Sounds like it would be quite entertaining!!
    Take Care,
    Steph
    Hehe. I wish I could but the material is (C) even though I mutilated it. But trust me, you will hear some fun stuff like this from me soon.
    I wish so much I could share it though..My wife and I had tears in our eyes laughing at some of it - my wife almost choked on her water!

Fun Stuff!
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Go Back to forum