• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Film score with GPO

Share/Bookmark

Film score with GPO

Hi,

I am happy to announce that I will have the honour to score an 80 minutes movie. The contact was made through this forum (!), and since then I have been very busy working on the character studies for this project.

Maybe it is interesting how this works: The film still is in the process of being cut, and so all I have up to now are the screenplay and some pictures of the actors. With that I have developed several moods and musical portraits which I hopefully can adapt and refine when the raw cut is ready.

Since I have been asked to make a background track for the website I have taken some of the more quiet moods and arranged them. I have used GPO together with some live recordings and effects. If you can hear what is what ... you are good!

I should say that it is a dark film, and the characters are having much psychological trouble.

I will keep you tuned, this is just the beginning:

http://www.frischat.com/compose/POF_website_007c.mp3

Hannes

EDIT

A trailer is ready now and can be watched at

http://www.profileoffear.com/pof_gallery.html
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Re: Film score with GPO

Congratulations! This is very effective music, and has a very visual quality to it. I really like the spare use of the piano - all of it was quite beautiful, despite it being, as you say, disturbing.

Hope this is a great project for you.

Let us know how it progresses.

R. Pearl

Congrats on the gig Hannes.
    I liked the dark harmonies and vivid orchestration.

Keep us posted.

regards Joe

Hannes,

CONGRATULATIONS!

That's great news you will be scoring a movie. And terrific the contact was made in this forum!

The music you did in this cue is spectacular. The juxtaposition of tones and musical effects is very effective. And the mood conveyed is perfect for a dark psycho film.

All the best for a very successful project and I hope this leads to more successes.

Gary Garritan

Congratulations Hannes!

This is great news. Have you ever write music for the movies before?

The atmosphere is dark indeed. What kind of movie is that one? Is the production in Germany or elsewhere?

Whish you great success.

Aleksandar

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    Congratulations! This is very effective music, and has a very visual quality to it. I really like the spare use of the piano - all of it was quite beautiful, despite it being, as you say, disturbing.

Hope this is a great project for you.

Let us know how it progresses.

R. Pearl
    Hi,

thank you for listening. I choose a minimalistic approach mainly because the director wants it so, and I think he is right. Less seems to be more sometimes.

Hannes

Quote Originally Posted by joaz
    Congrats on the gig Hannes.
    I liked the dark harmonies and vivid orchestration.

Keep us posted.

regards Joe
    Joe,

thank you. It is a challenge because I normally write more joyful music. But it is interesting to look into the own soul for the more atrabilious regions ...

Hannes

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Hannes,

CONGRATULATIONS!

That's great news you will be scoring a movie. And terrific the contact was made in this forum!

The music you did in this cue is spectacular. The juxtaposition of tones and musical effects is very effective. And the mood conveyed is perfect for a dark psycho film.

All the best for a very successful project and I hope this leads to more successes.

Gary Garritan
    Gary,

thank you for listening and for your comments. With help of your products I am able to bring out more of my creative potential than I ever thought would be possible. Also being part of this community is a great gift!

Hannes

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar
    Congratulations Hannes!

This is great news. Have you ever write music for the movies before?

The atmosphere is dark indeed. What kind of movie is that one? Is the production in Germany or elsewhere?

Whish you great success.

Aleksandar
    Aleksandar,

thank you for listening. This is my first movie, so it is a challenge and I am taking this very serious ... and in the moment I more or less live for it.

It will be a thriller, and it is a german-british coproduction, parts have been filmed in Hamburg, other parts in London.

Hannes

Hannes,

Congratulations on your movie contract....one of many behind the scenes stars! The music is very interesting and I am sure will fit the feature well. You will have to let us know when the movie is released. Hope it makes it to the States!

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast