• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using Macros to automate parameter assignments in GS3 Editor

Share/Bookmark

Using Macros to automate parameter assignments in GS3 Editor

To whom it may concern,
    I’m a VSL user who is also legally blind. I’ve been diving into the Gigastudio Editor with the assistance of Jerry Gerber who may have also written to this forum asking some of these questions.
    Jerry had suggested that I assign CTRL 18 to amplitude envelope and that I also assign he attack modulation depth and release modulation depth to High. The problem, as I see it, is that there should be a way to automate this process so that you are not doing it individually for each and every layer of each and every instrument in each and every gig file. Enter the macro function in the editor. My question concerns how to do one or more of the following:
    1. In an ideal world, I would like a macro that selects all the velocity layers and all the regions of an instrument regardless of the instrument’s construction. Having “selected all,” the macro would then proceed to apply CTRL 18 and alter the attack and release modulation depths to the amplitude envelope 1 of the entire instrument through all the ranges of all the layers. However, since I don’t think there’s a way to create a macro that has enough variables in it to accommodate any imaginable instrument, I’d settle for:
    2. A macro that simply goes to the mix layers section and assigns CTRL 18 to modulation source and applies attack mod depth and release mod depth as described above. It would be my problem to make sure that the entire instrument was selected before applying the macro.
    The instructions in the help file of the GS3 editor state that you have to select the dimensions to which you wish to apply the macro. I want to apply the macro to the entire instrument. Here again, I want a”select all” to apply to the macro for all velocities, all splits etc. How do I do this when I create the macro in the first place? At what point do I begin the macro creation process so that the macro intelligently understands that it applies to the entire instrument?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Re: Using Macros to automate parameter assignments in GS3 Editor

Well, I've gotten the macro to work just fine except that I still wish there were a "select all" command that would select all layers, velocities, regions etc. Just automating that small parameter selection makes a big diference but I would love to do even more.
    Thanks for any help,
    Kevin

Re: Using Macros to automate parameter assignments in GS3 Editor

Quote Originally Posted by kevjazz
    Well, I've gotten the macro to work just fine except that I still wish there were a "select all" command that would select all layers, velocities, regions etc. Just automating that small parameter selection makes a big diference but I would love to do even more.
    Thanks for any help,
    Kevin
    Kevjazz,

I initially ignored this thread, as I hadn't worked worked with macros. Well, I still haven't, but I'll be you can do what you're attempting by right clicking in the velocity window, and selecting "Lock to entire instrument".

Good luck,
    Belbin

Go Back to forum