• Register
  • Help

Topic: SONAR 6 feature info...

Share/Bookmark

SONAR 6 feature info...

For any SONAR heads here who haven't seen this yet... some info posted on the upcoming SONAR 6 release: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=844490

Re: SONAR 6 feature info...

Thanks for that info!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know the upgrade pricing from Sonar 5 Producer Edition -> Sonar 6 Producer Edition (or whatever the flagship product is called)?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by karmacomposer
    Thanks for that info!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know the upgrade pricing from Sonar 5 Producer Edition -> Sonar 6 Producer Edition (or whatever the flagship product is called)?

Mike
    Heya Karma!

I bet it'll be $179 from PE to PE. (If history is any guide).

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

That would be a VERY FAIR price if that's the case - I'd buy that pretty darn quick considering I have pretty much dedicated almost all recording to Sonar (and have been 100% satisfied ever since)!!!

Thanks for the ball park heads up.

Mike

Hey Guys,
    I feel bad that I didn't post something earlier...I was sent an announcement stating that if I upgraded from Sonar 4 PE to Sonar 5 PE (for $179.00) that I would then be able to upgrade later to Sonar 6 PE for free. I went ahead and jumped on the deal, hopefully, it will turn out ok later. Sorry I didn't say anything - I think that the promotion ended on the 30th.
    Steph

On the Cakewalk site, there is a banner that says free upgrade to Sonar 6 plus a $100 rebate when you purchase Sonar 5 PE from a U.S. retailer in August or September 2006. Sounds good!

Sonar 5PE was a solid upgrade and well worth it. The navigation and better "freeze" implementation is great - plus all the candy. Some upgardes are giant leaps and I think from 4 to 5 was one of them. It's getting to the point where I can't think of anything I want now - but they think of it first before I know I want it.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    Hey Guys,
    I feel bad that I didn't post something earlier...I was sent an announcement stating that if I upgraded from Sonar 4 PE to Sonar 5 PE (for $179.00) that I would then be able to upgrade later to Sonar 6 PE for free. I went ahead and jumped on the deal, hopefully, it will turn out ok later. Sorry I didn't say anything - I think that the promotion ended on the 30th.
    Steph
    If history is any guide, Cakewalk will start offering their normal upgrades for existing users within the next two weeks. I assume the upgrade price will be $179 for Sonar 4 PE/Sonar 5 PE owners.

They stopped their "upgrade to 5, then free to 6" simply because there won't be any need for 5 when 6 ships.

I am fairly tired of the upgrade treadmill, but Cakewalk has done well by me for almost all the upgrades since Cakewalk V6!

i'm in the same boat as many, I can't imagine what new features I could want, but the nice folks at Cakewalk always seem to think of something<G>!

From their posting the things that interest me include:

New Synth Rack - almost anything would be an improvement over the current one, it is just klunky!

AudioSnap - wow... this could be fun. I don't go for the whole micro-editing approach, but when one absolutely has to fix a track it will be nice if it is easier.

Analyst spectrum analyzer - probably eye candy, but it could be useful if it is well done.

Clip editing enhancements including lock to time - HUGE! I've been doing a lot more audio for video work lately, and this would be a big help. I'd also like to see a built in calculator, and maybe the ability to display both SMPTE and Measures and Beats. Maybe next version...

Crash Recovery - HUGE again, though I can think of only a couple of crashes in the last couple of years, and in both cases I was just testing a plugin, so there was no data lost.

Automatic file versioning - Almost HUGE! I am a recovering programmer, and verion control is almost second nature. I've always wondered why it wasn't available in audio and midi editors.

User-customizable plug-in menus - I bet I love this a lot.

User-customizable audio hardware port naming - I bet I love this almost as much as customizable menus

OK, now I'm excited. Time to start saving my lunch money....

Bill

Go Back to forum