• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga 3 Orch not seeing incoming MIDI info

Share/Bookmark

Giga 3 Orch not seeing incoming MIDI info

Hi everyone. I'm having a problem with the GigaStudio software not seeing the incoming MIDI data I'm sending it. The MIDI is being sent from DP on my Mac out a MOTU MIDI TimePiece AV, into an M-Audio Midisport 4x4, and into the PC. I'm getting activity lights on both the MOTU and the M-Audio boxes, but nothing's showing up in the MIDI monitor on Giga.

It was working fine earlier today, but after trying Matthias's XP Memory tweaks to squeeze more than 45% of my 2 Gigs of RAM out of the system, it seems to not be working. The port routing in Giga's System settings seems to be fine, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the Midisport, but still nothing.

The only other thing out of the ordinary is that the little keyboard in the toolbar is alternating between "External MIDI" and the little keyboard icon. I'm not using it for ReWire on anything, so that might be part of the issue. There's no other music software installed on the PC.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jeff

Re: Giga 3 Orch not seeing incoming MIDI info

I think my problem (see 'In July" my earlier posting) is similar to Jeffs. On this continuing problem of not receiving stop note message and hang notes, I still have the blinking little keyboard to external MIDI. On the advise of Cakewalk Tech.Serv., I downloaded Sonar 5 demo, and the problem still exist. I can eliminate as a problem source my keyboard, because these hung notes appear while no input is comming from it. Now, after trying Sonar 5, I have to eliminate the sequencer too as the source of the problem. That leaves only GS3.12 and the soundcard AP2496. I will now try some of your suggestions regarding the soundcard and will keep my eye on this posting also...

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Vanya
    I will now try some of your suggestions regarding the soundcard and will keep my eye on this posting also...

Should keep an eye on this one too

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=47236

SergeD

Well, after tinkering a bit more with the memory settings to no avail, I restarted a few times and it magically began to work. Not sure what actually fixed things, but it seems to be working fine.

Wink Re: Giga 3 Orch not seeing incoming MIDI info

Thanks for reminding me. You are right. My only excuse not using your advise is that I have no idea what is Midi ox and midi Yoke? I was ashamed to ask....
    Thanks for your kind answer...
    Ted

Go Back to forum