• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help with GPO Finale registration

Share/Bookmark

Help with GPO Finale registration

Tom or Gary (or whomever),

Need some help. I just got and installed Finale 2007. I was upgrading from 2004, so don't have any 2006 stuff lingering around. Finale 2007 came on DVD. I installed it, with the GPO option also checked. I installed all finale options, but not SmartMusic.

Finale prompted me for registration, etc.. I entered serial number. All is well with Finale.

GPO Finale and Kontakt Player 2 were a little odd. They appear in the new service center, but they are checked as already authorized. However, there is no auth number in there. When I open up GPO Finale in Kontakt Player 2, I hit the info tab and it shows ?? for my GPO finale serial number, etc.. When I go to the Native instruments website it is not there with my other registered product (GPO and Kontakt2) and I can't add it either without serial numbers. I tried the Finale serial number which obviously didn't work.

All that being said..it seems to work. But I just want to make sure I'm not missing some registration step or in some messed up state that is going to come back to bite me in 30 days from now.

Tom or Gary?

-steve
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Re: Help with GPO Finale registration

In Finale 2007 (and 2006 with the latest Finale GPO update) Finale GPO is automatically authorized when you authorize Finale. No need for any further registration steps. The downside is, you can not use Finale GPO outside Finale.

ok. Sounds good. So the fact that it shows up in NI's registration tool with no auth number, and the fact that the info pain in the player does not snow any serial number (show's a question mark), is ok then?
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Quote Originally Posted by dewdman42
    ok. Sounds good. So the fact that it shows up in NI's registration tool with no auth number, and the fact that the info pain in the player does not snow any serial number (show's a question mark), is ok then?
    I don't really know for sure, because I registered my copy before they dropped the manual registration process. But I suppose it is OK, since the player works (and you don't get any registration prompts?). NI applications usually don't work, unless properly registered.

Isn't registration just a pain in the snow?

no. They work for 30 days without registstration. I am trying to be proactive to avoid downtime in 30 days from now.

Quote Originally Posted by dewdman42
    no. They work for 30 days without registstration.
    Sometimes. At other times they work 0 days without registration. That is lovely! But, in any case, you will get a warning about the missing registration and its eventual consequences.

Just wanted to let you know that my copy of Finale 2007 seems to be the same as yours as far as the Finale GPO2. In the info box it shows question marks for the serial number and for registered to. Everything seems to work fine so I take it that it doesn't need to be individually registered.
    John

that's what I'm trying to avoid Mate. Tom or Gary, can you please comment on this.

thanks

Go Back to forum