• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Jack's Sonata 2 and Dan Kury - Demo of both The Stradivari Violin and Gofriller Cello

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Jack's Sonata 2 and Dan Kury - Demo of both The Stradivari Violin and Gofriller Cello

As most of you may recall, I posted a full Piano Sonata (3 movements) which was dedicated to Dan Kury.

He took the second movement and added the Gofriller cello and the Stradivarius violin and totally wiped me out. Listen to him play these instruments.

http://www.cannonscores.com/Sonata2DanKury.mp3

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Re: Sonata 2 and Dan Kury

Jack-

Sadly, I think I missed listening to the Sonata when you first posted it. Please clarify. Is this your piece?? It's quite beautiful with a haunting melody.

Your friend Dan Kury did an exceptional job rendering the Gofriller cello and the Stradivarius violin.

Very nice work. Thoroughly enjoyed the listen!!

Respectfully,

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Excellent work on this, Jack. What a lovely piece

Congrats to you and Dan,

Ryan

Ted:

Yes, I posted 3 movements individually as I finished them and then, last week, I posted all three at once under the title, "Piano Sonata in F (3)."

Yes again, I did compose all three movements. Thank you for your kind response. Dan, as you know, is an awesome audio engineer and did outstanding work with the Gofriller and Stradivarius. Their tone is marvelous and so real.....He reinforces their lifelike sound with his audio magic.

Thanks for listening, Ted.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Ryan:

Dan and I thank you for your kind words. I never imagined this piece in a trio form, but the Gofriller and Stradivarius sound so marvelous with the solo piano.

Thanks for responding and for the listen......

Jack

This works surprisingly well as a Trio.!!

Dan's beautiful work has enhanced this wonderful composition.

Kudos to you both.

regards Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Cannon

• Dan Kury... took the second movement and added
      the Gofriller cello and the Stradivarius violin and
      totally wiped me out.

Me, too.

Jack, you know how much I loved this piece to begin with.

This... this is just knockout gorgeous. I'm sitting here late
    of a summer evening, in the quiet hours, reveling it.

Congratulations to the both of you for a moving performance
    that only further reveals the depth of the writing -- and the
    depth of both talents involved, as well.

With admiration,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Forum note:

The orignal thread with the complete piano sonata
    is located here:

http://northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47368

Thank you everybody.
    I want to thank Jack for the opportunity of putting the Stradivari and Gofriller together in this piece.

I fealt kinda bad messing with his writing, but I really fealt it would be something Gary would like since at the time I did this, (last week) nobody had posted anything with both instruments.

Thank you Jack for the lovely three movements of this Sonata!
    When I emailed Jack the MP3, I named it... itsnota sonata.

It was fun putting it together, with a piano bed like Jack has written, that is a pretty easy task.

I highly recommend getting these two instruments. Adding even just one of these solo instruments along with your section sound really makes a huge difference. PLus, they are so fun to play.

I believe, both the Strad and the Gofriller are going to be available very
    soon with their own bundled Kontakt 2 player. This will allow the instrument to be loaded and played without the purchase of Konakt 2.
    Dan

Nice job, Dan!

Nice work from both of you! You BOTH contribute wonderfully to this community.

With sincere gratitude,

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Joe:

Right you are about Dan's beautiful work. His awesome artistry with any musical work is astounding and can bring it life beyond the composer's intention.

Thank you, Joe, for listening and responding.

Jack

Go Back to forum