• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: NEW Westgate Studios Flute Coming Soon

Share/Bookmark

NEW Westgate Studios Flute Coming Soon

Announcing the second library in the Westgate Studios Modular Series.

FLUTES

24 Bit library for Gigastudio 3 and Kontakt 2.

The Solo Flute from the Flutes Module will be available for download in the next couple of weeks.
    Mp3 demos are also Coming Soon.

The Solo Flute will include the following features:
    • Long note sustains with and without vibrato
    • True Legato instruments with and without vibrato
    • Keyswitchable Release samples
    • Real-time Repetition control
    • 3 variations of Staccato and Marcato that automatically alternate
    • Overblown Staccatos (great for that jazzy sound)
    • Key thumps
    • Double and Triple tongue samples in a variety of tempos
    • Fortepiano, Crescendo and Diminuendo with and without vibrato
    • Flutter tongue sustains and Crescendo
    • Long and Short Trills
    • Octave and Half Octave runs in all of the major, minor and harmonic minor keys as well as chromatic
    • Stabs (great for jazzy endings or just as an effect)
    If you are not already on our mailing list and would like to be notified when the download is available, send us an email.
    Westgate Studios
    Sound Libraries for Gigastudio and Kontakt

Re: NEW Westgate Studios Flute Coming Soon

Wonderful! I'm a huge fan of your oboe lib, and will definitely get the flute.

A couple of questions: How many dynamic layers do the legato gigs have? If they can match the playability of the oboe legato gigs, I'll be thrilled. And, have you decided which instruments will be on the Flute Collection DVD?

Best of luck with the final touches on the new lib...

Thanks Jon

The Flute will include 5 dynamic layers of legato instruments (p, mp, mf, f, and ff).

The full DVD version of the library will include the Solo Flute along with Piccolo, Alto Flute and Flute Section.

Depending on how the timing works out. There may also be a GVI version of the Flutes module. Perhaps we should take a poll.

How many people are interested in a GVI version of the Modular instruments?
    Remember, a GVI library can only be used from the stand-alone player and wouldn't require previous ownership of a sampler.
    Westgate Studios

Tim,

This seems like an incredible library. A solo flute library like this is very much needed.

I wish you great success with this library.

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: NEW Westgate Studios Flute Coming Soon

I took Jon's advice and purchased the Oboe late spring and coudn't be happier. Although I don't do film scoring, I have always tried to be a one man show when I'm offstage by doing classical/symphonic music using my ancient but trustworthy MC500-MkII. Your Oboe sounds stunningly realistic on my sequencing of Wagner's Sunrise/Journey Up The Rhine. Very dynamic. I will anxiously await the flute. I am disappointed with the lack of quality libraries for GS3, but as long as you guys are here, and a couple others, eventually I will have everything. Now if you guys could do a C6 Pedal steel library which is a reality when the performer has knowledge of the instrument, and a good ribbon controller to be used on a seperate MIDI channel, I will crap my pants.

JV

JV,

Have you tried the Dynamic Expression Filter on the oboe? The legato gigs are fantastic for playing smooth melodies. The DEF really makes it sing.

To apply the DEF, just load one of the legato gigs, then right-click the sustain gig in the lower right hand pane, choose iMIDI and select DEF. I like the Woodwind Ensemble filter best on the oboe. Choose it and hit OK until done. You can also apply the filter to the interval samples. It works well either way. (Applying the DEF to the intervals makes them more prominent. Applying DEF to the sustains only leaves the intervals more in the background on bright passages.)

You can bet I'll try all of the DEF profiles on the flute, when it arrives...

A question regarding this "true legato" instrument, how does it work ? same way as VSL ?

Yes, the same as VSL.

We sampled every legato transition up and down from 1 half step to a full octave.

I had to start saying "true" (meaning sampled) because so much is being done with scripting and filtering these days that doesn't use actual interval samples.

We also sampled same-note repetitions that are controllable in real-time within the legato instruments.
    Westgate Studios

Smile Re: NEW Westgate Studios Flute Coming Soon

Hello Brotha' Man Jon,
    Thanks to LGS.com, I am trying to use round robin, and DEF through the manual, and video sections. This is why I bought GS3 Orchestra in the first place. These playing techniques will be added to some of my old libraries which I am converting as we speak, by using Translator Giga Edition, and now Extrene Sample Converter. I have a great time sequencing Orchestral music that I love when I have time between gigs.

Strength And Honor,

Jimmy V.

Quote Originally Posted by timzydee
    Yes, the same as VSL.

We sampled every legato transition up and down from 1 half step to a full octave.
    Just out of interest - and I have no idea about this because I've never used VSL - what happens when you try to play a legato interval greater than an octave? As could be commonly done for example by a flute slurring from low notes to high ones in 2-note phrases via overblowing, or a string instrument playing that idomatic string-crossing stuff from one open string to high notes on the string above, in one bow.

Anyone know how this works?

Go Back to forum