• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I'm having a Cubase issue..

Share/Bookmark

I'm having a Cubase issue..

I think I may have messed up settings opening an instance of Cubase while also having a standalone VST running which is where the MIDI was routed to at that moment. Right now I can't route any tracks to any VST in Cubase. After I select the VST in the "out" section, I can't hear anything as I play. And when I play I can still see the keys in the piano at the bottom of the VST (EWQLSO Silver) move, but no sound comes out. Does anyone know why? Does it have anything to do with what I did earlier, and how can I check it?

It's just the actual sounds....if I connect the OUT to Microsoft GS Synth, it works. It just won't play the actual samples in any VST I open.....

Re: I'm having a Cubase issue..

I've never heard of this happening - but plenty of strange stuff has happened to me in the past with CB. Save as a new version/name and re-start Cubase. Re-load the "new" project file and see if you can get anywhere. If not - then try the "old" project - if not that, then I can't help ya.

Good luck.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Ummm.... Have you tried to reboot?

Yes......multiple times....and I've loaded myltiple projects.....

Save as a new version/name and re-start Cubase.
    It happens across the board no matter which project or file I'm in.

And the indicator of volume on the bottom right is showing the appropriate levels as the song plays.....it's not making it to my speaker for some reason....

Tried resetting your soundcard drivers?

Tried describing whether your on Mac or PC?? How about a full description of your config?

I thought while everyone else was piling on - I'd join in....

I'm on a PC with an Audiophile 24/96.

Question Re: I'm having a Cubase issue..

So - did you take any of this advice, and what was the outcome?

Go through the audio chain one thing at a time. For example check that the volume (expression) in the Kompakt player hasn't reverted to 0, check that the VST output in Cubase isn't muted, check the VST output is actually routed to something (like your soundcard, for example).

D

So - did you take any of this advice, and what was the outcome?
    There was no effect.

Go through the audio chain one thing at a time. For example check that the volume (expression) in the Kompakt player hasn't reverted to 0, check that the VST output in Cubase isn't muted, check the VST output is actually routed to something (like your soundcard, for example).
    That was my first thought as well, but I've looked through most of the settings and they all seem to be fine.

Go Back to forum