• Register
  • Help

Topic: A couple of my music box comps

Share/Bookmark

A couple of my music box comps

Music Box Lovers,

Here are two of my "music box" comps that I posted on this forum a long time ago:

and

"CandyLand"

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: A couple of my music box comps

I really enjoyed these. They also brought back a very early childhood memory about a music box that contained perfumes. I can remember the scents of the perfumes.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    I really enjoyed these. They also brought back a very early childhood memory about a music box that contained perfumes. I can remember the scents of the perfumes.

Phil
    Thanks, Mr. Phil. I'm glad that you liked them.

I absolutely will not tell anyone that you played with perfumed music boxes when you were a kid. Kidding...just kidding!

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

These are simply hilarious! No, ingenous.

Hannes

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F
    These are simply hilarious! No, ingenous.

Hannes
    Danke, Hannes. Just having fun.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Thumbs up Re: A couple of my music box comps

Larry,
    I really enjoyed them! I don't know what it is about music boxes, they always give an aura of mystery to me. You pulled that off perfectly.

Out of curiosity, how did you go about creating the song? While it was playing I could imagine you being in a key editor of Cubase or other like program literally using the blocks on the editor as tines for the music box. You could watch the notes scroll by as they would on the cylinder of the music box. Was it anything like that?

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Quote Originally Posted by LFO
    Larry,
    I really enjoyed them! I don't know what it is about music boxes, they always give an aura of mystery to me. You pulled that off perfectly.

Out of curiosity, how did you go about creating the song? While it was playing I could imagine you being in a key editor of Cubase or other like program literally using the blocks on the editor as tines for the music box. You could watch the notes scroll by as they would on the cylinder of the music box. Was it anything like that?

-Kevin
    No, I simply used an extended-range synthesized music box in my Sonar 5 sequencer.

I produced the "special effects" (broken music box) with various methods, including the pitch wheel.

Thanks for listening.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum