• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt player suggestions

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt player suggestions

Hi, not sure if post this here, but i found this section more related to the development, so here i go (any case, feel free to move it to where it must go).
    I have been using from 2 weeks now GPO, and really very happy. The most important feature to me is that it works, and without stability problems.
    Even that i found some things, related to the GUI of the kontakt player, that for daily use can be better. I know kontakt player is not developed by Garritan company, but i suppose that if you found some suggestion usefull, you can translate to the NI developers, and will have more weight than a single user words.
    so here they are:
    1-I would like to see the KeySwitching keys on the player keyboard labeled, and with some diffrent color the one that is currently used.
    2-I would like to see that the numeric value of the knobs become updated as well as the knob itselff when sending midi CC`s ( i post this in other message, that developer gently answered to me)
    3-I would like to see the movement of the keys of the selected instrument only, or to have an option to switch between the current mode and this one.

Well, they are minor things, but i thought maybe you liked to hear.
    Best Regards,
    Marce

P.S.: Sorry, i must post this under GPO section, visual error.
    Marcelo Colina

Re: Kontakt player suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by marce
    1-I would like to see the KeySwitching keys on the player keyboard labeled, and with some diffrent color the one that is currently used.
    Labeling is a good idea (assuming they can find room to label.) Color differentiation is already there. Notes spanning the range of the instrument display in blue; keyswitch notes display in yellow. Pay attention to the octave position of the keyswitches though; in the standard library they are usually located in the first completely available octave below the range of the instrument. In the notation version they exist at the very bottom of the MIDI spec - the minus 2 octave. You will need to use the left octave shift arrow (under the pitch wheel graphic) to move the display down far enough to reveal the keyswitches.
    2-I would like to see that the numeric value of the knobs become updated as well as the knob itselff when sending midi CC`s ( i post this in other message, that developer gently answered to me)
    Yes, I agree that it would be nice.
    3-I would like to see the movement of the keys of the selected instrument only, or to have an option to switch between the current mode and this one.
    Another idea with which I agree. We'll need to wait and see if NI makes any changes for the K2 player for the above suggestions.

Tom

First all, thanks your answer, i appreciate the time you spent answering this questions, even, i suppose, they have been made before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Labeling is a good idea (assuming they can find room to label.) Color differentiation is already there. Notes spanning the range of the instrument display in blue; keyswitch notes display in yellow. Pay attention to the octave position of the keyswitches though...

Tom
    Sorry, i believe i dont explained well what i wanted to say. I know the diffrent color for the KS keys you are explaining. What i was trying to say is that i would like to see the KS key that is currently being used or the last pressed, displayed with a diffrent color than the other KS keys that are in yellow, so you know what KS key are you using. Hope is understable now.

Well, best regards,
    Marce
    Marcelo Colina

Understood. Now.

Tom

Excellent subject. On the Kontakt player 1 using the mouse to turn the knobs has the potetial of giving a person serious corpal tunnel in a heart beat. The knobs do not turn so easy. Perhaps a slid like the one found in the Kontakt 2 player used in the Finale 2007 GPO Bundle.

More importantly, an ability to set the volume of each instrument and save it to a particular file or preference within the Kontakt player would be helpful.

I have to re-set the volume for each instrument, each time I open my files. This proves to be very time consuming when working with full orchestra. I find that I must spend at least fifteen to twenty minutes of my time making these types of adjustments before I can do what I purchased the software for, which is to create.

Over all I am in heaven and love both Finale and the full GPO.

Go Back to forum