• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale/JABB instrument library question

Share/Bookmark

Finale/JABB instrument library question

I am using GPO and JABB sound libraries through the Kontakt player with Finale 2006
    Is there a way I can use JABB and the GM instrument library that comes with Finale in the same piece? For the work that I am doing a bass sound in the GM library is better than JABB but it seems that when I use JABB the Kontakt player prevents using the GM instruments and vice versa.

Re: Finale/JABB instrument library question

Quote Originally Posted by ncurrie
    I am using GPO and JABB sound libraries through the Kontakt player with Finale 2006
    Is there a way I can use JABB and the GM instrument library that comes with Finale in the same piece? For the work that I am doing a bass sound in the GM library is better than JABB but it seems that when I use JABB the Kontakt player prevents using the GM instruments and vice versa.
    Download Garritan Studio and use it as a midi out device. You can then load JABB instruments and Softsynth.

Does this actually work? My impression was that you cannot combine SoftSynth with "external" MIDI (like Garrtian Studio) either.

You might get latency problems, if you combine the SoftSynth with an external synth. If you instead run both the Finale soundfont (loaded in soundfont player sfz or Synthfont) and GPO/JABB in a common VST host like Bidule or Vstack - or a sequencer - you should avoid different latencies.

Or you can load up everything in Kontakt2 and run this as a VST plugin. Just be prepared to do some editing in Kontakt, since the present version doesn't do a good job at loading soundfonts (ever heard Glockenspiel with vibrato?). You may not even be able to make all the SoftSynth patches work properly.

Go Back to forum