• Register
  • Help

Topic: Solo Strings: KH Ruby or VSL

Share/Bookmark

Solo Strings: KH Emerald or VSL

I'm getting ready to invest in some solo strings and am looking for some advice. I'm currently using mostly Gold and Sam for orchestral music. Gold is pretty weak in the solo strings dept..

I've searched this forum, and found plenty of people recommending the solo strings in in KH Emerald and the VSL Horizon Solo Strings. I'm leaning toward VSL for the depth and detail that it contains, but the Emerald set would give me so much more on top of the strings (and costs less). I've listened to demos, and both sound pretty good. It seems that I wouldn't be disappointed either way, but I thought I'd try for some last minute opinions before I decide.

Thanks!
    Dane Hawkes DiAnda
    C. I. Studios

Re: Solo Strings: KH Ruby or VSL

I use KHSO Emerald (Ruby is not yet available) and I swear by it.

Mike

I love the Viena VI Solo Strings. The sound is beautiful, the articulations plenty and the interface is amazing. Best software I've ever used. Easy, quick and flexible.

Oops, I meant to say Emerald.

It does seem like I'd be happy either way, but I guess I'm still leaning toward VSL. It would be great to have such depth in solo strings - they'd be a staple in my music if I had some good ones. I'm having to dig into my old AO as it is - Gold is fairly worthless as far as solo strings go.

Thanks for the responses so far.
    Dane Hawkes DiAnda
    C. I. Studios

Go Back to forum