• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Interesting Afternoon

Share/Bookmark

Interesting Afternoon

I just wanted to share a new piece that I wrote, one that visits my roots in music. (And I feel contains a little bit of my personal voice in music.) The piece was written to be heard in a platforming adventure. Crazy Afternoon is linear in nature, and can be looped after 2 minutes.

I used a two different libs for this piece, and would love to get this piece in front of a live orchestra in the near future

http://www.seanbeeson.com/Crazy%20Afternoon.mp3

Thank you for listening,
    Sean Beeson
    Sean Beeson
    www.seanbeeson.com
    Composer for videogames, film and television

Re: Interesting Afternoon

Sean,

a great piece in a very positive, inspring mood! Here somebody knows exactly what he is doing.

Also a fantastic rendition. The musical layers (quite some of them) sound very lively each of them, never static or mechanic and also have swing. I am in my fourth listen now and enjoy it even more with every time.

To be honest, the only instrument I would have some slight issues is the clarinet. Not at the height of the bassoon solo that simply sounds great!

A top work!

Hannes

I was worried about the clarinet too Hannes. It is the only VSL instrument, and not that it was bad, but I just thought that acoustically it might stick out just a little.

Thanks,
    Sean
    Sean Beeson
    www.seanbeeson.com

Sean,

I think it is ok that it sticks out because it is supposed to ;-)

Maybe some more tone changes on long notes could make it just a little less straight. Just my 2c.

Best regards
    Hannes

I tried using a kontakt script that adds legato, (because that sinus tone rings just a little) but it was freaking out with the legato script
    Sean Beeson
    www.seanbeeson.com

Hm.
    What about good ol' drawing a slightly bent curve in some midi cc that reflects the brightness of the tone? May be more straightforward in this case.

I do that all the time with the solo instruments and sometimes also with the strings, sigh .

Hannes

excellent writing and arranging, WOW!

The libraries are excellent too!
    Dan

Thanks Dan, and Hannes for the nice comments.
    Sean Beeson
    www.seanbeeson.com

Would did you mean by platforming adventure? Maybe we are thinking the same.
    It sounds like music from a Spielberg comedy adventure movie. Very well done. Keep it up.

That is Lovely writing Sean.
    Super orchestration too.

regards Joe

Go Back to forum