• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any user experience Translator for Yamaha Motif ES ?

Share/Bookmark

Question Any user experience Translator for Yamaha Motif ES ?

Hi all,

does anybody of you has experience with the Chicken System Translator sample conversion results with the destination format Yamaha Motif ES ?

My plan is to convert sample CDs e.g. for EMU EIII-x, EOS, AKAI S1000 & Ensoniq to Motif ES voices. My questions is, does it work so far. Will the loop point of the samples be preserved? How about key mapping of the samples, etc. ?

How much further voice editing do I need, to achive a similar sample instrument on Motif ES?

Alex-F

Re: Any user experience Translator for Yamaha Motif ES ?

Can't you just load them into the ES in Akai format?

Reading AKAI samples cds via USB CD drive should work. Because of the lack of a USB cd drive I never tried this before. I will do this asap soon.

But I have a lot of Emu sample CDs I would like to convert for Motif ES too.

As the chief programmer for Translator, i think it does a great job. The loop points are preserved, and also the Banks are preserved - each Emu Preset is converted into a Motif Voice.

(Generally, sometimes a Preset demands more of what a Voice will give it (just 4 elements), so it'll make 2 or more Voices and attach them together with a Performance.)

We are always around for support, so if there is any problem, jsut call or report in and we address it immediately.
    Garth Hjelte
    Chicken Systems, Inc.

Go Back to forum