• Register
  • Help

Topic: which hard drive should gigapulse be installed on?

Share/Bookmark

which hard drive should gigapulse be installed on?

Hi everyone,

I was curious to know if it's better to install Gigapulse on my C drive with my Gigastudio software or on my D drive where all my samples are kept.

Thanks

Re: which hard drive should gigapulse be installed on?

Hello,

don't know exactly what you mean...

If you are talking about the Gigapulse which comes with GS3 Orchestra:
    Gigapulse itself is part of the GS3 installation, you may of course install the impulse files to a drive of your choice.

For Gigapulse VST: Well, VST folder of your sequenzer. ;-)

Seb

I've tried it on both and they both work. It only pulls that gpulse info when loading the performances or instruments so it's not like it needs to be streaming from your sample drive. Perhaps you plan to add lots of impulses of your own. In that case you may consider keeping them in your sample or audio drive, that way if ever the sys drive crashes or you need to re-install your impulses will be in tack.

Either way works

--Bransonkeys

I tried both the same drive as samples and the C: drive ,.. there was no difference that I could notice.

FWIW-the manual says put them on yet a third drive or the OS drive where the app is, this is what I did finally. (c: drive)

also, by default there is no "common" folder created on C: which is where you want all these.

I had to read the giga pulse manual closely to pick that up. check out the gigapulse manual for tips on how you would setup this common folder

good luck

Peter

Go Back to forum