• Register
  • Help

Topic: The New Stradivari

Share/Bookmark

The New Stradivari

Giorgio is taking a different approach to achieving realistic violin sounds:

Available for only $17,500 from QRS Music:

Re: The New Stradivari

I'll take six.
    Styxx

Apsolutely magnificent. If i only didnt spend that money on my education.

i think it is really a lot of money, but that thing looks goooooooood.

For that price it should come with one of those little ebony mutes, a fancy frog and a polishing cloth.

Yeah, but the list price is $20,000 - they've already knocked $2,500 off. Wait until the new models come out, and they'll be movign those puppies - a few dealer incentives, 0% financing (for qualified buyers), and a generous trade-in allowance (any instrument you can tow into the showroom) - this is starting to sound down-right affordable!

Now if only I could get my fee for helping that nice man I get all those funds out of that country, far, far away. I keep checking my account balance, but it keeps going down...

RP

I saw a child-size version that did the same thing in Kay-Bee Toys a few years ago. You'd switch the direction of the bow and it would change to the next note.

Of course, it was limited to "Twinkle, twinkle, little star" and "Mary had a little lamb." TWO songs for only $19.95 You pay 18 grand for that thing, and it doesn't even come with any songs? Jeez, what's the world coming to?

Thumbs down Re: The New Stradivari

One of most crazy things I ever seen. But I wonder why to make playing robotic a real instrument? Isn't maybe better to play live a virtual instrument?

This kind of reverse engineering of acustic tecnologies always let my doubtful

So... um... how does it work? And how does it sound? I love the idea of a physical violin being played by a machine but I can't tell how well they've done it.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    But I wonder why to make playing robotic a real instrument?
    A violin sounds best when produced by a physically existing violin, and if a machine player worked ideally, people could achieve that sound whenever they pleased without having to make other people or themselves do any work. I think that would be pretty darn cool.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum