• Register
  • Help

Topic: Disk fragmentation with JABB

Share/Bookmark

Disk fragmentation with JABB

I am a very satisfied GPO user, and recently I bought JABB and installed it with no fuss. The only problem I've had is as I periodically defragment my two hard drives, whenever I try to defrag the partition where JABB is installed, the file called "GJBB_library_part2.nks" can not be unfragmented in any way, leaving the partition with a HUGE (1.2 Mb) fragmented file. Is this normal? Does this affect JABB performance? Is there any way to solve this bug? I will appreciate any help with this annoyance. Best wishes from Venezuela.

Re: Disk fragmentation with JABB

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrito Lopez
    I am a very satisfied GPO user, and recently I bought JABB and installed it with no fuss. The only problem I've had is as I periodically defragment my two hard drives, whenever I try to defrag the partition where JABB is installed, the file called "GJBB_library_part2.nks" can not be unfragmented in any way, leaving the partition with a HUGE (1.2 Mb) fragmented file. Is this normal? Does this affect JABB performance? Is there any way to solve this bug? I will appreciate any help with this annoyance. Best wishes from Venezuela.
    Don't worry about it. The sample material is deliberately split into 2 large monolithic files. The material within each monolithic file is encoded as a unit, which is interesting as a technical detail but nothing more. The important point is that this is irrelevant if you are using the library as designed. That is: Loading instruments into RAM. Their location on the hard drive has no effect on performance when samples are loaded into and being read directly from RAM, rather than DFD streaming.

Tom

Re: Disk fragmentation with JABB

Dear Tom: Many thanks for your quick reply. You have answered my question completely. Best wishes.

Go Back to forum