• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can someone map out an upgrade path?

Share/Bookmark

Can someone map out an upgrade path?

GPO comes with a Kontakt player. Ditto JABB. Stradivari requires Kontakt 2. Finale 2007 comes with a Kontakt 2 player.

I'm so confused! It would be so nice if someone who knows about these things could put up a web page somewhere that explains what works with what, and what the future plans are. For example, if I spring for Kontakt 2, will I still be able to use that with the GPO samples that come with Finale 2007? What about the GPO General Midi samples? How do I avoid paying for stuff I don't need?

Re: Can someone map out an upgrade path?

This is like asking the price of an airline ticket. No one knows.

Re: Can someone map out an upgrade path?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig
    GPO comes with a Kontakt player. Ditto JABB. Stradivari requires Kontakt 2. Finale 2007 comes with a Kontakt 2 player.

I'm so confused! It would be so nice if someone who knows about these things could put up a web page somewhere that explains what works with what, and what the future plans are. For example, if I spring for Kontakt 2, will I still be able to use that with the GPO samples that come with Finale 2007? What about the GPO General Midi samples? How do I avoid paying for stuff I don't need?
    Kontakt 2 (full) - Universal Sampler that can load many different formats of samples, including GPO and JABB (but not Finale GPO). Additionally, several other libraries can be used in Kontakt 2 (VSL, EW, KH, etc.).
    GPO - Kontakt 1.x Player - planned (assumed free) upgrade to 2 Player
    JABB - Kontakt 1.x Player - planned (assumed free) upgrade to 2 Player
    Finale 06 GPO - Kontakt 1.x Player
    Finale 07 GPO - Kontakt 2 Player
    Garritan Stradivari - requires Kontakt 2 - a Kontakt 2 Player version is rumored, which would not require owning full Kontakt 2
    Garritan Gofriller - requires Kontakt 2 - a Kontakt 2 Player version is rumored, which would not require owning full Kontakt 2
    Garritan Marching/Concert - Kontakt 2 Player
    Garritan General Midi - I would assume will be Kontakt 2 Player

Essentially, (full) Kontakt 2 is not required for any Garritan products, except the solo string libraries. And even those will most likely have player versions soon.

All of these are individual libraries, with individual pricing. GPOA may be offered at an upgrade price to GPO owners, but that library is still a complete mystery.

Kontakt 2 (a Native Instruments product) does have a crossgrade offer for owners of GPO or JABB.

Go Back to forum