• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: "Duo" and "Trio Number Two"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Duo" and "Trio Number Two"

    Everybody,

    Here are two of my works, "Duo" (flute and bassoon) and "Trio Number Two" (flute, Bb clarinet and bassoon).

    All of the instruments are from the Garritan Personal Orchestra sample library.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Duo" and "Trio Number Two"

    Nice job on these, Larry; you always excel with the
    winds.

    I have a question on some of the "slides" (for lack of
    a better term) in the early part of the duo. Is that really
    practicable (assuming an able flutist, of course)? I've
    played the instrument a bit; but could never get a handle
    on that.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  3. #3

    Re: "Duo" and "Trio Number Two"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Nice job on these, Larry; you always excel with the
    winds.

    I have a question on some of the "slides" (for lack of
    a better term) in the early part of the duo. Is that really
    practicable (assuming an able flutist, of course)? I've
    played the instrument a bit; but could never get a handle
    on that.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    They are called "scoops" and they are doable on the flute. I think the flute player does it by rolling the mouthpiece on his lip.

    Thanks for listening.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: "Duo" and "Trio Number Two"

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    They are called "scoops" and they are doable on the flute. I think the flute player does it by rolling the mouthpiece on his lip.

    Thanks for listening.

    Larry
    Dang. I just tried that, and somehow got one nostril
    wrapped around... well, nevermind -- suffice it to say
    it isn't easy.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  5. #5

    Re: "Duo" and "Trio Number Two"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Dang. I just tried that, and somehow got one nostril
    wrapped around... well, nevermind -- suffice it to say
    it isn't easy.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: "Duo" and "Trio Number Two"

    Larry,

    I am pleased I can hear these ...

    Very good counterpoint and sequence development, as always. Makes me relax and enjoy my day.

    Yes, I have heard these scoops performed several times. But no accidents with the nostrils as far as I remember .


    Hannes

  7. #7

    Re: "Duo" and "Trio Number Two"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F
    Larry,

    I am pleased I can hear these ...

    Very good counterpoint and sequence development, as always. Makes me relax and enjoy my day.

    Yes, I have heard these scoops performed several times. But no accidents with the nostrils as far as I remember .


    Hannes
    Thank you for listening, Hannes.

    Danke fur das Horen.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •