• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Organic" ambient or atmospheric libraries

Share/Bookmark

"Organic" ambient or atmospheric libraries

Can anyone recommend any ambient or atomspheric libraries that have a stylistic emphasis towards organic, rather than ultra-synthy, textures? I really like the old Kit Watkins Ambient Realms library, and am looking for more with this general feel.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Re: "Organic" ambient or atmospheric libraries

Quote Originally Posted by MikeShapiro
    Can anyone recommend any ambient or atomspheric libraries that have a stylistic emphasis towards organic, rather than ultra-synthy, textures? I really like the old Kit Watkins Ambient Realms library, and am looking for more with this general feel.

Thanks in advance!

Mike
    Mike,

Try atmosphere from spectrasonics. It has 1000 patches plus each one can be combined with each other in unique ways. I always find it a source of inspiration.

Christiaan

Thanks for the response, Christiaan.

My impression is that Atmosphere is mostly sounds that have a very synthesizery/electronica feel, whereas I'm looking for textures that feel more like processed acoustic sounds. But all I have to go by are the demos on the Spectrasonics web site. Would you say there's more variety to Atmosphere than is represented in those demos?

Theres a lot of great ambient type patches in Atmosphere that sound very organic and if i am not mistaken many of them originated from acoustic recordings that were seriously mangled in Protools using all kinds of esoteric techniques.

If you wanna see one of the designers at work check this link
    http://www.haslinger.com/video/playe...lv=diegostocco

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler
    Theres a lot of great ambient type patches in Atmosphere that sound very organic and if i am not mistaken many of them originated from acoustic recordings that were seriously mangled in Protools using all kinds of esoteric techniques.

If you wanna see one of the designers at work check this link
    http://www.haslinger.com/video/playe...lv=diegostocco

Hans
    Thanks Hans! I'll check it out.

Hello Mike,
    You may be itnerested in checking out the library my company just released titled 'Ambience Impacts Rhythms', (A.I.R.) there are over 300 unique ambient instruments, as well as several hundred impactual and rhythmic patches. Many of the ambiences are very organic and are organized by genre (sci-fi, blissfull, frightening, etc) you can visit our website at www.samplelogic.com to get an instrument category listing of all the sections

best regards,,
    Joe Trupiano
    Sample Logic LLC
    www.samplelogic.com

Awesome demo ...

Go Back to forum