• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bricault - Fanfare Of Celebration

Share/Bookmark

Bricault - Fanfare Of Celebration

Here is a piece that I composed for the 40th Anniversary of our Penfield Symphony Orchestra. Tonight I Garritan-ized it just for the Gary Garritan birthday thread. I wanted to share it in this room as well.

http://www.garybricault.com/mp3/FanfareOfCelebration.mp3

FYI, the tune to Happy Birthday contained within is in the public domain, the lyrics are not.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Re: Bricault - Fanfare Of Celebration

[QUOTE=GaryBric] I wanted to share it in this room as well.

Wow! I'm glad you did as I missed this over on the other thread. The wife was particularly impressed and wants me to save a copy to play back on her b'day! I trust that's ok Gary?

Regards,

Graham

Very nice job on this, Gary! Fine writing.

Interesting comment on Happy Birthday, as well;
    I was unaware of that.

You know, I've listened through this a few times;
    I wonder if you might consider expanding it.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

[quote=GrahamKeitch]
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryBric
    I wanted to share it in this room as well.

Wow! I'm glad you did as I missed this over on the other thread. The wife was particularly impressed and wants me to save a copy to play back on her b'day! I trust that's ok Gary?

Regards,

Graham
    I would be very pleased if you did just that!! I really had fun writing it and the crowd loved it as the opener to the 40th Anniversary concert. It's been ten years and they are going to use it again for the 50th Anniversary concert as well

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Very nice job on this, Gary! Fine writing.

Interesting comment on Happy Birthday, as well;
    I was unaware of that.

You know, I've listened through this a few times;
    I wonder if you might consider expanding it.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    David,

It was a lot of fun creating a commissioned work for this very fine local orchestra. I had no idea of their capability, which was considerably higher that this piece demanded of them (Rach. #2 Piano Concerto was on the program). I was told to keep it short and relatively simple and strove to do so.

As time grew near for the performance someone raised the copyright question. After a long search process I determined Boosey & Hawkes held the copyrights to the piece at that time. When I contacted them I learned that the tune was in the public domain. However, the lyrics were not and therefore could not be sung at the concert. Not that it was planned to have occurred anyhow.

As far as expanding the work, I would have to think about it and also gain permission from the orchestra that commissioned me to write this. Although I am sure if they got a free set of music they would be more than happy.

Thanks for listening and your ever so much appreciated comments.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Fun indeed. At the very end I thought for a moment I had been dropped into the finale of The Firebird (one of the chords just before the end is scored to sound almost exactly like the 5th or so from last chord in The Firebird... just a random observation...) I might have to play this for my birthday in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ALynn
    Fun indeed. At the very end I thought for a moment I had been dropped into the finale of The Firebird (one of the chords just before the end is scored to sound almost exactly like the 5th or so from last chord in The Firebird... just a random observation...) I might have to play this for my birthday in a couple of weeks.
    Oh blush....yes indeed I had the mood of the ending to the Firebird in my mind for the Fanfare. As one of the orchestra musicians put it, "Hey, a 5th is a 5th". Pretty dramatic ending I think

As far as playing it for your birthday, I say go for it!! Music that only sits on a shelf is no good to anyone.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

[QUOTE=GaryBric]

As far as playing it for your birthday, I say go for it!! Music that only sits on a shelf is no good to anyone.

[QUOTE]

Despite being up most of the night (see my other thread), I approached the breakfast table this morning to a tremendous fanfare blasting out over the speakers on this, the auspicous occasion of my xx birthday! I felt like royalty!

Regards, Graham

This was quite brilliant and put a huge grin on my face as I listened to it. Now THAT'S a birthday song!

I have a sneaky suspicion this may become many a person's birthday song in the near future.................it's far too much fun!

- Michael
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamKeitch

Despite being up most of the night (see my other thread), I approached the breakfast table this morning to a tremendous fanfare blasting out over the speakers on this, the auspicous occasion of my xx birthday! I felt like royalty!

Regards, Graham
    Happy belated Birthday. I missed the posting yesterday. At least it properly piped you to the breakfast table in fine style

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast