• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lesson 12 of the Interactive Rimsky-Korsakov Principles of Orchestration is now poste

Share/Bookmark

Post Lesson 12 of the Interactive Rimsky-Korsakov Principles of Orchestration is now poste

Lesson 12 of the Interactive Rimsky-Korsakov Principles of Orchestration is now posted here above.

In this lesson we discuss harmony as it relates to the stringed instruments. String harmony forms the “core” of classical orchestration and isessential to know.

14 Lessons remaining!

I welcome your participation and input.

Gary Garritan
    http://www.garritan.com

"The right music played by the right instruments at the right time in the right combination: that's good orchestration." --Leonard Bernstein

Re: Lesson 12 of the Interactive Rimsky-Korsakov Principles of Orchestration is now p

Compliments for the inproved layout with the footnotes placed right after their reference... sure saves a lot of scrolling.

David

When Golden Cockrel was first performed when back when it was written, did it blow everyones mind? It blows my mind even now in 2006!

Re: Lesson 12 of the Interactive Rimsky-Korsakov Principles of Orchestration is now poste

I agree with you David about the Golden Cockeral - I would love to hear the whole work but can't find the CD anywhere except for the concert suite which is very good, but I want to hear the full opera.

Question - On excercise 12, example 104 from The Golden Cockeral, Section 4, can someone explain the clarinet accidentals and why the switch between sharps and flats - how were these accidentals determined?

Karim

Re: Lesson 12 of the Interactive Rimsky-Korsakov Principles of Orchestration is now poste

Thank you indeed. The new layout with "footnotes" comments right below the topic are time saving and a lot easier to understand.

jamiha

Re: Lesson 12 of the Interactive Rimsky-Korsakov Principles of Orchestration is now p

Hi,

This is my first post. This online lessons are truly incredible. Thank you so much for all the efforts!

Go Back to forum