• Register
  • Help

Topic: Snake oil du jour

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb Snake oil du jour

For any fans of "free energy", there is a company in Ireland now trying to raise interest. Of course, they never explain just where the extra energy comes from (or how they circumvent the laws of thermodynamics), but just say that they get it by manipulating magnetic fields.

Enjoy,

Grant
    ==============================
    Grant Green ||| www.contrabass.com
    Sarrusophones and other seismic devices

Re: Snake oil du jour

A quick check on the calendar reveals that today is not April the 1st...
    wtf?

I might note that the company name, Steorn, is
    an anagram of... Sterno.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

This sounds like a job for the Kansas Theory!

Interesting that they would include a forum on their site. It looks like all the entries are by people telling them they're idiots.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Lightbulb Re: Snake oil du jour

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    A quick check on the calendar reveals that today is not April the 1st...
    wtf?
    Unfortunately, not an April Fool. Just another attempt to scam scientifically illiterate investors. For additional examples, see www.blacklightpower.com, or Penta Water.

sigh.

As a physicist that has done fundamental research for years I say: Nothing is impossible. And history has proven that much more was possible at any given time that the generation before could imagine. "Rules" are there to be broken sometimes and replaced by bigger principles. Unless we don't know exactly we cannot deny.

But we have to test before we accept. So I registered for the challenge. BTW I have been watching the "free energy" scene for 20 years. A friend of mine actually has a patent on one method. So there are some interesting ideas but I have not seen a technical breakthrough yet.

Hannes

Lightbulb Re: Snake oil du jour

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F
    As a physicist that has done fundamental research for years I say: Nothing is impossible. And history has proven that much more was possible at any given time that the generation before could imagine. "Rules" are there to be broken sometimes and replaced by bigger principles. Unless we don't know exactly we cannot deny.

But we have to test before we accept. So I registered for the challenge. BTW I have been watching the "free energy" scene for 20 years. A friend of mine actually has a patent on one method. So there are some interesting ideas but I have not seen a technical breakthrough yet.

Hannes
    Certainly, new physics is possible - even essential, given that we currently have no solid theory for dark energy, etc. yet. However, it is hard to imagine some manipulation of a magnetic field that actually produces energy (rather than, e.g., just converting the mechanical work done by spinning a rotor). I tend to think that, if the Irish guys were real, all the theoretical models for stars would be way off, rather than accurate to a few percent. Same goes for Blacklight's "hydrinos" (if hydrogen could fall to a state lower than ground state, why doesn't it do that spontaneously?).

And I agree that testing is necessary: that's a foundation of science. But why not post it on Arxiv?

Which patent? Just curious...

Grant

Under my renowned Kansas Theory (explored in depth elsewhere
    in this forum), the possibility of "free energy" is fully explored.

Indeed, we've already implemented this, and have success-
    fully achieved a return of 50% over unity! (For the few non-physicists
    visiting the forum, that means you get back 50% more than you
    put in).

Buy Two, Get One Free!

Just check your supermarket advertising flyers, gentlemen, and you
    too can gain the benefits of still another Kansas Theory
    breakthrough.

No, no, don't thank me for my altruism... the benefits to all
    humanity are reward enough for me...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Got his Ph.D. at the Topeka Wal-Mart...

I knew energy could be created! So... this should allow us to send out space probes faster than the speed of light, right? Also, somehow energy can be converted into matter, right? So we'll have a free source of material resources as well. The singularity is near!

What's with all this scientific testing and "register to receive the results"? Just make some stuff with it and start selling...
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

By gosh, it's the return of the dancing magnets... again.

Wired News:

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...?tw=wn_index_2

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum