• Register
  • Help

Topic: Auto-legato in K2?

Share/Bookmark

Auto-legato in K2?

Hi,

Is it possible to make auto-legato in K2 - and if so how is script made?

I need this:

1) ex. hold down C3 +D3= sus sample plays C3 - D3 (legato UP sample tail) is triggered to play automatically.

2) ex. hold down D3 +c3= sus sample plays D3 - C3 (legato DOWN sample tail) is triggered to play automatically.

Any help appreciated.
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Re: Auto-legato in K2?

Have you tried SIPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Have you tried SIPS?
    I have looked briefly at it - but it seems that legato uses same sample (sustained) and not a different sample) - I may be wrong..
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye

For legato, Sips fades out one sample and fades in the next. The fade out and in time and amount are user adjustable. The author obviously did a lot of work on this module. I tried it and don't particually like it, however, other people may like it so I think it is worth a try. The biggest problem I've found with Sips is trying to eliminate the volume dip when the second note takes over from the first. As the first note fades out and second in, the crossover point is crucial and there will be a dip in volume. The trick is to make is inaudible.

My impossible dream quest: The perfect legato.

Quote Originally Posted by SCARBEE
    I have looked briefly at it - but it seems that legato uses same sample (sustained) and not a different sample) - I may be wrong..
    Hi Thomas
    Are you looking for a script to automate playback of sampled legato transitions (like what is found in VSL and Westgate Studios instruments)? I could write you such a script. Please send me a PM if you're interested. If on the other hand synthetic legato (not as natural as sampled but more flexible) is what you're looking for you may want to give SIPS another try.

Nils

Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    Hi Thomas
    Are you looking for a script to automate playback of sampled legato transitions (like what is found in VSL and Westgate Studios instruments)? I could write you such a script. Please send me a PM if you're interested.

Nils
    Yeah - that's the thing. I will PM you right away.

cheers
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye

Go Back to forum