• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Finale 2007 and Garritan Libraries

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2007 and Garritan Libraries

Finale has some FAQ’s regarding Finale 2007 and Garritan libraries. Here is a little list with links to articles.
    Why does my Native Instrument's Plug-ins (Garritan Personal Orchestra) not show up in Finale 2007? (Mac
    http://www.finalemusic.com/kb/article.aspx?id=502

Will my Finale 2006 files using the Finale GPO sounds work in Finale 2007? (Windows)
    http://www.finalemusic.com/kb/article.aspx?id=497

Will my Finale 2006 files using the Finale GPO sounds work in Finale 2007? (Mac)
    http://www.finalemusic.com/kb/article.aspx?id=494

Hope those who upgraded to Finale 2007 find this helpful.

Gary Garritan

Re: Finale 2007 and Garritan Libraries

Some Finale PC users have reported difficulties in getting the new Finale 2007 to recognize GPO and JABB.

You will need to copy definition txt and VST .dll files from the 2006 FinaleVST folder to the 2007 FinaleVST folder.

Here is what to do:

CAUTION: Close Finale, then...

COPY the following files:

gpofullinstrument.txt
    gpoinstrument.txt
    PersonalOrchestraVST.dll

The files for JABB to COPY are:
    GarritanJazzintsrument.txt
    Garritan JazzVST.dll

Download http://www.garritan.com/support/gpofullinstrument.txt and put it in the FinaleVST folder.

PASTE them into 2007 FinaleVST folder.
    Be certain not to overwrite any files already present in the 2007 FinaleVST folder! Pay close attention to the filenames involved.

The next time Finale is opened, GPO and JABB should appear correctly.

IMPORTANT: Users must also remember in Finale to enable (check) the following:MIDI > Play Finale through Native Instruments VST

Thank you etLux for these instructions.

Gary Garritan

For Mac Users, David provides a solution:

"As it turned out, the GarritanJazzInstrument.txt file
    didn't copy into my FinaleAU folder when I installed
    the program, so I needed to drag it from the Garritan
    DVD to my FinaleAU folder on my computer. Very
    simple.

Just thought you might like to know in case anyone
    else has this problem. I use a Mac G5 dual 2.3
    running OSX 10.4.7.:

How does one go about installing Garritan Libraries so that they are recognized by a fresh install of Finale 2007? That is, there's no 2006 FinaleVST folder.
    Thanks,
    Serge

I do not have a previous version of Finale. My first and only Finale is 2007 version. What would I need to do to access the full version of GPO. Great product for the money, but I am unable to utilize any of its benefits yet.

Knowledge is power, but I feel powerless with this software. It is the first ever to completly stop me dead in my tracks without a clue. I don't know if I've purchased something I don't need or something I need at least a masters degree to use. Not even the tech reps at Finale has an answer for this.

GPO for Finale works, but the full version of GPO and Finale seem to require one to be a programer to use.

Can anyone tell us how to do this?

After you install Finale, run the GPO v1.1.8.3 updater (provided GPO is already installed) to get the "9. Notation" folder. If the updater doesn't recognize Finale 2007 (it was made for Finale 2006), download and install the folder as explained by Tom Hopkins.Then copy PersonalOrchestraVST.dll from the Garritan Personal Orchestra/VST folder to the Finale 2007/FinaleVST folder (the updater may already have done this for you).

If neither the updater nor the Finale installer installs gpofullinstrument.txt into the Finale 2007/FinaleVST folder, you will probably have to get it directly from Gary or Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    After you install Finale, run the GPO v1.1.8.3 updater (provided GPO is already installed) to get the "9. Notation" folder. If the updater doesn't recognize Finale 2007 (it was made for Finale 2006), download and install the folder as explained by Tom Hopkins.Then copy PersonalOrchestraVST.dll from the Garritan Personal Orchestra/VST folder to the Finale 2007/FinaleVST folder (the updater may already have done this for you).

If neither the updater nor the Finale installer installs gpofullinstrument.txt into the Finale 2007/FinaleVST folder, you will probably have to get it directly from Gary or Tom.
    I downloaded the GPO v1.1.8.3 updater. Finale 2007 was already installed. No previous version of Finale. Installation provided option to check the box for "Notation," but it only recognizes Finale 2006; and it would not install with the "notation" feature. What is the answer for this issue? I have copied/pasted "PersonalOrchestraVST.dll and Garritan Personal Orchestra gpofullinstrument.txt Since the installation was looking for Finale 2006 folder and it did not recognize the Finale 2007 folder, will this have an effect on functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSands
    What is the answer for this issue?
    To download and install the folder, I linked to. That's why I linked to it

I did not own the Finale 2006 version of the software. I have check every folder loaded on my computer and what I am missing is gpoinstrument.txt from the three listed above. I will contact MakeMusic about the file, if you can not send it to me.

Go Back to forum