• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sample Logic - A.I.R

Share/Bookmark

Sample Logic - A.I.R

Hello Northern Soundians,
    Just wanted to let you guys know our product 'Ambience Impacts Rhythms' is now available at:
    www.samplelogic.com
    This new library is an impressive collection of elements that has taken over two years of collecting and crafting "only the finest sounds for cutting edge compositions ". It's focussed on blending three essential building blocks into one library: Ambience, Impacts, and Rhythms.
    Powered by Native Instruments Kontakt 2 player it is available for Mac and PC in AU, DXI, RTAS, VST and standalone configurations. The two DVD set contains over 6GB of instruments categorized by genre, timbre and the mood they evoke. The software is designed to help you find the sound you are looking for without having to funnel through thousands of preset to find the sound you want.

0. Over 300 Ambient Instruments

0. 100 Impact Instruments & Kits

0. Tons of Killer Combination Platters that Combine Several
    Ambiences with Impacts and Rhythms

0. 300 Tempo Adjustable Rhythms

A.I.R. covers all the bases, from sci-fi, piercing, distorted tensions, and chilling action sounds to light, sacred, and spiritual atmospheres. This library truly is "The All-In-One Composer's Toolkit!"

MSRP: $299.00
    Please feel free to visit our website at
    http://www.samplelogic.com
    let me know if you guys have any questions
    best regards,
    Joe Trupiano
    Sample Logic LLC
    www.samplelogic.com

Thumbs up Re: Sample Logic - A.I.R

Hi Joe

Congratulations on the debut of 'Ambience Impacts Rhythms'

This seems like a very innovative product and a great tool for musicians.
    And you're using a fabulous sample player too.

Seems like it will be a winner!

Wishing you great success with A.I.R.

Gary Garritan

Re: Sample Logic - A.I.R

Thanks Gary,
    that means a lot to me,

I am actually a big fan of your libraries

and a big fan of kontakt player 2!

Since you and other developers have such a great talent at designing orchestral libraries, I figured I would develope a library that shows the digital/effectual side, in attempts to help blur the line between music and sound design
    Joe Trupiano
    Sample Logic LLC
    www.samplelogic.com

Joe,

Kontakt Player 2 certainly is fantastic. I am amazed with how much more you can do with it than the previous version.

With the plethora of orchestral libraries it certainly is a good idea to develop a digital/effect library. I would imagine there is a great need for such a cutting-edge library.

Feel free to post an announcement on the Garritan forum as I am sure many of our users would be interested in your new library.

Gary Garritan

This sounds very interesting! I have a few questions about the interface though - First off, this will run completely as a standalone, ie., you don't need to have Kontakt 2.1 installed already?

And also, how much are users able to edit the patches - we can open them up and change settings like ADHSR, Kontakt effects, etc. right? And can we use Kontakt scripts with it?

Thanks!
    Wilbert Roget, II
    Composer
    Rogetmusic.com

I am interested in know how the time shifting works. Is it the same technology that Intakt uses? Or is it modified?

Thanks,
    Sean Beeson
    Sean Beeson
    www.seanbeeson.com
    Composer for videogames, film and television

"This sounds very interesting! I have a few questions about the interface though - First off, this will run completely as a standalone, ie., you don't need to have Kontakt 2.1 installed already?"

thanks Will,
    correct!
    The A.I.R. library loads as both a virtual instrument in standalone AU DXI RTAS and VST configurations using Kontakt player 2 and as a sample library using kontakt 2. All of the instruments can be loaded within regular kontakt 2. The benifit to this is that within Kontakt 2 you can unlock and resave the instruments, adapt the script, modify sample ranges, and tweak virtually any kontakt 2 parameter to your desire.

"I am interested in know how the time shifting works. Is it the same technology that Intakt uses? Or is it modified?"

if you are referring to the rhythm elements in our library
    It is the same technology that kontakt 2 uses.
    All of the rhythms, both purcussive and melodic, will auto sync to your sequencers tempo. Again like with our Ambience and Impacts, all of the effects in our gui intreface are also available to tweak the rhythms out. You can also click the outputs button on both kontakt player 2 and kontakt 2 and aux insert any kontakt effect to an instrument. Another cool feature is that kontakt player 2 can load 64 instruments into one instance of the plugin, which can help save on memory and processing.
    Joe Trupiano
    Sample Logic LLC
    www.samplelogic.com

Hi Joe and welcome to the NS forum and the wonderful world of sample developing! It looks like you have a cool product and I wish you al the luck with this and upcoming projects!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Wonderful looking library...I really think this hits the sweet spot for me. Just a few of questions:

Do you forsee ever expanding this library?

How large are the patches...and how big a CPU hit do they create (or is that strictly a K2 issue?)

Is there a complete list of instruments? I saw the category of instruments, but would very much like to see a complete list (even if they are only marginally meaningful...I know how difficult it can be to 'accurately' name an 'atmospheric' patch!). I heard what sounded like a nice and airy pan flute sound in the demo...is that in there?

Thanks and good luck!

PS: I must say, as a visually oriented individual, your website is a solid A+...I understand that the sounds (and their ease of use) is the ultimate 'bottom line'...but as a consumer, when I see that someone has put in as much work/effort/interest into their website, it most definitely makes a difference to me.

It looks like you have a cool product and I wish you al the luck with this and upcoming projects!
    Thanks Worra

Imagegod asks
    Do you forsee ever expanding this library?

We have similar libraries in the works, but will be released as a seperate product. Any ideas for a new smaple library is always welcome

How large are the patches...and how big a CPU hit do they create (or is that strictly a K2 issue?)

A.I.R. is extremely memory and processor friendly. Most of the instruemnts load up under 10mb in memory.

Is there a complete list of instruments? I saw the category of instruments, but would very much like to see a complete list (even if they are only marginally meaningful...I know how difficult it can be to 'accurately' name an 'atmospheric' patch!). I heard what sounded like a nice and airy pan flute sound in the demo...is that in there?

The instrument categories is the only list as of now. There are 900 patches many with names like 'Snow Swirls' or 'The Y files'.
    With out being able to audition the patches, it would probably not be very useful to have an instrument lisiting.

We do have some traditional instruments playing extended techniques that have been heavily effected. These instruments include, Brass, Flute, Guitar, Piano, and Vocals, as well as many orchestral percussive instruments like tams, bass drums, bell tree, tubular bells, thai bells etc..

your website is a solid A+

thanks

best regards,
    Joe Trupiano
    Sample Logic LLC
    www.samplelogic.com

Go Back to forum