• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2007 and JABB

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2007 and JABB

I just loaded the new Finale 2007 which comes with the Kontakt 2 player. When I assign the Garritan JABB to the program, it finds the instruments but can't find the wav files that go with the instruments. Do I need to copy any files to the Finale 2007 program?

Re: Finale 2007 and JABB

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben
    I just loaded the new Finale 2007 which comes with the Kontakt 2 player. When I assign the Garritan JABB to the program, it finds the instruments but can't find the wav files that go with the instruments. Do I need to copy any files to the Finale 2007 program?
    Some Finale 2006 users have reported difficulties in getting the new Finale 2007 to recognize GPO and JABB.

You will need to copy definition txt and VST .dll files from the 2006 FinaleVST folder to the 2007 FinaleVST folder.

Here is what to do:

CAUTION: Close Finale, then...

COPY the following files:

GarritanJazzintsrument.txt
    Garritan JazzVST.dll

PASTE them into 2007 FinaleVST folder.
    Be certain not to overwrite any files already present in the 2007 FinaleVST folder! Pay close attention to the filenames involved.

The next time Finale is opened, JABB should appear correctly.

IMPORTANT: Users must also remember in Finale to enable (check) the following:MIDI > Play Finale through Native Instruments VST

Thank you etLux for these instructions.

Gary Garritan

Thanks for the quick response. I had already copied the Garritan JazzVST.dll but I don't seem to have a file called GarritanJazzinstrument.txt.

I did find the download for the GarritanJazzInstrument.txt and put it in the correct folders. I am still showing only the Gpo and not the JABB on the Kontakt player. I will keep trying to get it running. Thanks, Reuben.

Go Back to forum