• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Topic: Raguzian Atmospheres

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Raguzian Atmospheres

    Hi,

    after a break in my composing due to a computer crash and installation stuff I am up and running again. Happily I may say.

    I spent two weeks in Ragusia ... erm Dubrovnik as it is called now. During the centuries it had been a city republic with strong orientation towards and fights against Venice leaving one of the biggest mediaevel fortresses to the world. A big challenge for pirates!



    I was in a little bit melancholic mood because my life is somewhat uncertain just now. What helped (besides my girl friend who took this picture) was composing. I wrote about ten shorter pieces and one longer one which is for strings and you can hear it here. It is not completed ... which pretty good reflects the point I am standing now. I think I will finish it when I am wiser.

    http://www.frischat.com/compose/Hann...hperes_192.mp3




    EDIT: Direct output of notation done in Overture 4.0 plus GPO.

  2. #2

    Re: Raguzian Atmospheres

    Wie geht's, Hannes.

    Was ist los? Deiner Musik ist sehr gut. Bitte, mein Deutsch ist nickt gut, und Ich habe viele Deutsch vergessen.

    I hope that everything works out for you. My life is in turmoil as well. Luckily, my family has helped me get in a better situation. I'll be going to college, at the ripe "old" age of 34. What are your options? At least, you have a girlfriend to help you through your uncertainty... and your composing, of course!!

    I look forward to hearing more of your music.
    Paul

    Prowland the posting Ninja

  3. #3

    Re: Raguzian Atmospheres

    Quote Originally Posted by Prowland
    Wie geht's, Hannes.

    Was ist los? Deiner Musik ist sehr gut. Bitte, mein Deutsch ist nickt gut, und Ich habe viele Deutsch vergessen.

    I hope that everything works out for you. My life is in turmoil as well. Luckily, my family has helped me get in a better situation. I'll be going to college, at the ripe "old" age of 34. What are your options? At least, you have a girlfriend to help you through your uncertainty... and your composing, of course!!

    I look forward to hearing more of your music.
    Hi Paul,

    thank you for listening and posting. It is nothing life-threatening or so, just that I struggle to live from my arts which I feel is bitter. After years when this worked I need to reorientate.

    Best wishes
    Hannes

  4. #4

    Re: Raguzian Atmospheres

    Great work, Hannes!

    Some nice long sustains which really create a sense of drama.

    Terrific composition and melody,.. but what struck me was technical aspects... The rendering was superb!..

    Please do finish this!

    ~jeff

  5. #5

    Re: Raguzian Atmospheres

    Wonderful to see you back, Hannes!

    Excellent, subtle writing in this... and your understanding
    and command of the strings is apparent. Understated,
    but great strength and finesse at the same time in this,
    I hope you will find the wherewithal to develop and
    continue it... it has all the earmarks of a superb composition
    in the making. There is a dramatic, emotive undercurrent
    in this that, in the sense and feel of it, strongly reminds
    me of Brahms; esteemed company, needless to say.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  6. #6

    Re: Raguzian Atmospheres

    Quote Originally Posted by jsp2
    Great work, Hannes!

    Some nice long sustains which really create a sense of drama.

    Terrific composition and melody,.. but what struck me was technical aspects... The rendering was superb!..

    Please do finish this!

    ~jeff
    Jeff,

    thank you for listening. Concerning the rendering it is all the merit of dpdans tutorial which has shown the way. I use somewhat different means but it is the same principles.

    Hannes

  7. #7

    Re: Raguzian Atmospheres

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Wonderful to see you back, Hannes!

    Excellent, subtle writing in this... and your understanding
    and command of the strings is apparent. Understated,
    but great strength and finesse at the same time in this,
    I hope you will find the wherewithal to develop and
    continue it... it has all the earmarks of a superb composition
    in the making. There is a dramatic, emotive undercurrent
    in this that, in the sense and feel of it, strongly reminds
    me of Brahms; esteemed company, needless to say.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    David,

    thank you for listening and your comment which is very encouraging. And yes, I am happy to be back here!

    Hannes

  8. #8
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Raguzian Atmospheres

    Hannes,
    This is a good solid foundation for an excellent work. Well, it is excellent now. I know you will finish it when you feel the time is right but, I hope it will be soon. On my third listen now and I love your mastery of strings.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  9. #9

    Re: Raguzian Atmospheres

    Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    Hannes,
    This is a good solid foundation for an excellent work. Well, it is excellent now. I know you will finish it when you feel the time is right but, I hope it will be soon. On my third listen now and I love your mastery of strings.
    Bill
    Bill,

    thank you for listening. Yes I like the strings.
    Actually, the reason why I did not include more instruments so far is simple - I had not more than 512 MB Ram ... up to today! (Did write some pieces for winds only, but nothing finished). But I just inserted 2 GB into my laptop ten minutes ago and am heading to bigger orchestra now!

    Hannes

  10. #10

    Re: Raguzian Atmospheres

    Lovely string writing Hannes.

    I particularly enjoyed the Viola writing, and the superb rendering which puts the instruments in a nice balanced space.

    I am Looking forward to more.

    regards Joe

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •