• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2007, GPO full & Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2007, GPO full & Kontakt 2

Hello,

I have just upgraded to Finale 2007.
    I use GPO full.

How can I use GPO full with Kontakt 2 ? I can just load the GPO Finale instruments, though I can use GPO full with Kontakt 1...

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Franšois.
    Franšois ZAWADZKI-DELISSEN

http://www.francois-zawadzki-delissen.com

Re: Finale 2007, GPO full & Kontakt 2

Quote Originally Posted by F. ZAWADZKI-DELISSEN
    Hello,

I have just upgraded to Finale 2007.
    I use GPO full.

How can I use GPO full with Kontakt 2 ? I can just load the GPO Finale instruments, though I can use GPO full with Kontakt 1...

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Franšois.
    Copy the GPO Full VST and Instrument List from your old Finale version's FinaleVST directory into the new one. Restart Finale and you should be all set. I'm away from my music workstation, so I can't give you more specific details on those file directories. But if you're still having trouble later, I'll get you those details.

Hello, The previous post is correct and I can add a few details for you.
    You will need to open up Program Files (My Computer, disc C, Program Files)
    Then find the Native Instruments folder, open it and find the VST plugins folder, open it and copy the Kontakt2 dll file into the Finale 2007 VST folder.
    You can also do the same with GPO. Find it under Program Files and copy the Personal Orchestra dll file into your Finale VST folder.
    You should then be able to open Finale, load a file, click on MIDI up at the top, click "play Finale through Native Instruments VST", then directly below that "Native Instruments VST setup", a VST instrument box will open where you can pull down and select from Finale GPO, full GPO, Kontakt Player 2, or Kontakt 2.
    I hope this helps get you up and running.
    Regards, John

Smile Re: Finale 2007, GPO full & Kontakt 2

Thanks.

I'll try it when I'll be at home.
    I had copied GPO full .dll in the Finale VST folder, it was OK with Kontakt 1.
    I'll do the same with Kontakt 2.

Best,

Franšois
    Franšois ZAWADZKI-DELISSEN

http://www.francois-zawadzki-delissen.com

To use GPO in K2 just copy the Kontakt2.dll to the FinaleVST folder, open Finale, open an instance of K2 and load away. But, if you are really referring to the Kontakt Player 2, you will, to the best of my knowledge, not be able to load GPO with it until a new KP2 version of GPO is released. This should come with its own KP2.

So, there is no way to load GPO in Kontakt 2.1? That is disappointing. I just got K2 and it is great! I was looking forward to enhancing my GPO experience with this incredibly advanced sampler. Can anyone provide clarification on this? I can load my EWQLSO in K2, why not GPO?

Quote Originally Posted by wrathofagiel
    So, there is no way to load GPO in Kontakt 2.1? That is disappointing. I just got K2 and it is great! I was looking forward to enhancing my GPO experience with this incredibly advanced sampler. Can anyone provide clarification on this? I can load my EWQLSO in K2, why not GPO?
    GPO will load in Kontakt 2.

GPO will not load in the Kontakt 2 player of Finale. A Kontakt 2 player version of GPO will be released in the future.

Also, if you make any changes to the GPO sample in Kontact 2, you will not be able to load that sample into the GPO/Kontact player. Be sure to save the original and create a new insturment.

When I load the samples into K2, I think that I am doing something wrong because they are very quiet (maybe something to do with the mod wheel volume thing?) and I can hear the samples retriggering. Are there any steps that you need to take before you can load GPO in K2 and have it work correctly?

Many thanks!

Go Back to forum