• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Piano Sonata in F (2)

Share/Bookmark

Piano Sonata in F (2)

A few weeks ago, I posted the first movement of my Piano Sonata in F. It was written in the "classical" style of Beethoven.

Recently, I remixed this first movement for better dynamics playback so I included it again if anyone cares to relisten.

Both first and second movements are posted below. Whereas the first movement was in the Sonata-Allegro form, the second is a SECOND RONDO (ABACA).

I used the JABB jazz Steinway for both recordings.

http://www.cannonscores.com/PianoSonatainF(1).mp3
    http://www.cannonscores.com/PianoSonatainF(2).mp3
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Re: Piano Sonata in F (2)

Excellent, Jack! Wow!

Great, ballsy left hand in your second movement with nice inversions! I enjoyed your work very much.

Thank you for some pleasant listening.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Jack,

Excellent work on the Rondo. You certainly have the Beethoven style in your writing here. Great choice of piano too.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Larry:

Always a pleasure to have my "man from Tyler" as a listener. You seem to pick up on things that I want the listener to hear. Yes, you are right--inversions in this 2nd movement make it not only sing, but move more chromatically which makes for a better base line. Thanks, Larry and know we are all thinking of you and your music.

Gary:

Thanks for the nice comments. Yes, the JABB jazz Steinway is a great piano and a bit easier for me to handle than the GPO Steinway was. I have heard some great music from the GPO instrument, but the JABB seems to make life easier for me for some reason.
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Very good Rap2

I liked your movements alot, was waiting for some more drama in the 1st movement though.
    It's obvious that you have study your Beethoven well!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Brilliant! The first movement really flies--very fun to listen to. The second movement is serious but not "heavy" at all. You really have a gift!

Rhap,

The 1st movement was as beautiful as I remembered. The added dynamics really do make it more emotional. Good work!

The 2nd... If anything, I think that I may like this one more than the first. Maybe it is the fact that , I think that I could learn to play it!! LOL Not the whole thing, mind you, just the slower bits! My keyboard skills are certainly lacking.

Anyway, good work on these. Was the 2nd movement part of the A you told us you got in the composition class? Or was this something that you added for your own satisfaction?

Good job! Is there another movement?
    Paul

Prowland the posting Ninja

Fal:

Thanks for stopping by for a listen. Actually, I had more drama planned in the early stages of construction for the "development" section, but my composition prof. said, "No.....we're not into pyrotechnics, we're into trying to emulate Ludwig. He won and I'm glad now that he did. Thanks again, Fal.

Dan:

Thanks. Yes, the second movements, in Beethoven anyway, are not "heavy-handed" vehicles. I didn't know this until I studied his Sonatas seriously, but the second movements of the Beethoven Sonatas for Piano are among the most beautiful of his works. The simpler the melody and accompaniment, the more beautiful they come across. That is, with a fine artist playing them, which doesn't include me. But I try......Thanks again, Dan.

Prowland:

The "A" grade was given for a completed sonata--all THREE movements. I will post the third movement when I get time. It flies too, as most final movements in classical sonatas do.

And, I guess I answered your other question already--yes there will be a thrid movement. Thanks again for your listening time and comments.

Just plain gorgeous. Jack, I can feel it under
    my fingers... and it flows like the waters of
    an untroubled brook -- and likewise through the
    mind, with flawless sense and beauty.

This is extraordinary work...

Bravo!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

David:

Whoa......Your exceedingly poetic and praiseworthy comments make me feel so humble. I am always taken aback by your generosity when you respond to almost every demo posted on this Forum. You have a unique way of motivating all of us to do better........a real gift in my opinion.

Thank you for taking the time to listen and for the satisfaction pay I have received from your response.

After listening to your music numerous times, I keep wondering when it will be that we will hear another Sosnowski composition. Hopefully soon........

Thanks again, my friend.

Jack

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast