• Register
  • Help

Topic: Didn't happen today ... Nope, not today.

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down Didn't happen today ... Nope, not today.

We were all fired up and ready to close the deal on the store today, but no. Going to have to wait another week possibly two. Bummer I took a week vacation this week excited to start readying the store for opening in October. Seems as if the lawyers have a few issues to settle with the previous owners before closing. Always something. But HEY! Ezz my store and I can wait a big more, yes?

Pressed Rat And Warthog
    Closed down their shope
    Didn't want to
    Twas all they had got.
    Selling Atonal apples
    Amplified heat
    Pressed Rat's collection of dog legs and feet ...
    Styxx

Re: Didn't happen today ... Nope, not today.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    We were all fired up and ready to close the deal on the store today, but no. Going to have to wait another week possibly two. Bummer I took a week vacation this week excited to start readying the store for opening in October. Seems as if the lawyers have a few issues to settle with the previous owners before closing. Always something. But HEY! Ezz my store and I can wait a big more, yes?
    Hang in there Styxx. What to do with your week's vacation...spend it with those lawyers, or go to Niagra Falls.. slowly you turn...

It will happen. All good things take a little time.

Hey Styxx, I've been away for a while, so I must have missed an earlier discussion about this... You're opening up a shop? What kind? Sounds awesome, tell me about it (or link me to a thread).

Either way, good luck and/or congratulations and/or whatever is appropriate for your situation!

chris.

Didn't you hear??? Styxx is starting "Garritan Cosmetics -- Facial Harmony".

I've heard the product lines make GREAT use of a new cosmetic tool called the "Mod Wheel" (possibly related to the Wheel of Fortune??); and the 'sample face list' includes such classics as Britney Spears, Al Gore, Kiera Knightly, Marylin Monroe, Clark Gable, The Adams Family, Brad Pitt, Suri Cruise, Winston Churchill, post-mortem Lenin, Buddy Hackett, Joe Torre, Albert Einstein and Oprah.

There's been a lot of debate about the intended use of Variable foundations and moisturizers. Debate has centered on the definition of "variables" with concerns arising from fears of widespread identity crises. Rumor has it that this feature could cause celebrity drop-outs and rolling blackouts in Hollywood.

Another highly touted feature of GC (Garritan Cosmetics, NOT Guitar Center...) is the integrated VEQ (Visual EQ). Use your imagination...

Garritan Cosmetics will include several product lines:
    DXi - Dixie Chicks
    VSTi - Vista New HorEYEzons (a nod to MS)
    AU - Awwwwwww (aimed at the pop tart market)
    RTAS - Our Taz (for the Wild Thing in You)
    TDM - Tedium (for Folks Who Can't Get Enough of the same thing)

MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES TO STYXX. Please don't take this as any kind of bash against you or your new endeavor. I just had a 0130am weird brain moment....and decided to go with it -- perhaps a bit too far.
    [P.S. For anybody who's wondering WHY a GUY my age knows anything about cosmetics: My grandmother once worked for Mary Kay...]

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Hang in there Styxx. What to do with your week's vacation...spend it with those lawyers, or go to Niagra Falls.. slowly you turn...

It will happen. All good things take a little time.
    Yes they do. So, it's off to Niagara Falls for a day on the Maid of The Mist. If you ever go to Niagara Falls, make sure you go on the Maid of The Mist. The boat takes you right in the heart of the falls so close you sware you can take a shower! As a matter of fact, take a bar of soap with you.
    Styxx

Talking Re: Didn't happen today ... Nope, not today.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite5ths
    MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES TO STYXX. Please don't take this as any kind of bash against you or your new endeavor. I just had a 0130am weird brain moment....and decided to go with it -- perhaps a bit too far.
    [P.S. For anybody who's wondering WHY a GUY my age knows anything about cosmetics: My grandmother once worked for Mary Kay...]
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! That was great Mike! Don't worry about me getting upset with humor, I love it! Especially love your last comment in P.S.!
    Styxx

Ironically Styxx, that last P.S. comment was the only factual statement (regarding cosmetics) in the entire post. My grandma DID actually work for Mary Kay.

I was one of those cute little grandkids who always got an ENORMOUS LIPSTICK KISS (which she then smeared all over my face, apologizing as if it were an accident) EVERY TIME we visited her. (OK...maybe it wasn't EVERY time...but it sure seemed like it.)

....ahhh childhood memories.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeZoot
    Hey Styxx, I've been away for a while, so I must have missed an earlier discussion about this... You're opening up a shop? What kind? Sounds awesome, tell me about it (or link me to a thread).

Either way, good luck and/or congratulations and/or whatever is appropriate for your situation!

chris.
    I really haven't made a major post on my latest good fortune. I presented it during a chat a few weeks ago. Me and a life long friend have acquired a music store complete with 8 teaching studios, retail area (main floor) and lower level studio (needs work). We're pretty excited and eager to get in to clean up and remodel to suit our desires. The keys were to be handed over to us this Monday but things happen sometimes. That's OK, it will work out for the best.
    Styxx

Hi Styxx

Sorry to hear that your deal didn't close. It's always the title co./atty's that cause all of the trouble you know... Don't worry, you'll close soon and all of those pesky problems will be gone so that you won't have to worry about them.

This is the first time that I've seen the description of the store, and all I can say is WOW!!! It sounds amazing! I wish you tons of luck with it and please let us all know how it's goin' from time to time.

Take Care,
    Steph

Go Back to forum