• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GS3 sample libraries.

Share/Bookmark

GS3 sample libraries.

I was just wondering what sample libraries you guys use and which do you recommend. I tried doing a few searches in this thread, but I didn't find anything like this. "This", BTW is similar to the "GS3 Systems that Work" thread. Just list your libraries and which ones you prefer and why. If there happens to be another thread like this, can someone please post the link? Thanks everyone.

Re: GS3 sample libraries.

Sorry Eric, I do not think that this will become as large as Jon's GS3 system, but to clear some up for you, it largely depends on MONEY, what people can afford to use. I do not use ANY which came with GS3 Orchestra,they are very limited. I use Kirk Hunters Emerald almost exclusively. It is great. The second after the money, what you LIKE. I am very happy with Emerald.
    Ted

Most of thetime I use VSL, sometimes GOS & Advanced Orchestra.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Thanks guys, I'll look into those ones.

Erik.

I don't have my studio up and running yet but if you are in need of good acoustic drums I would check out Larry Seyer's Acoustic Drums. They sound fantastic. It is what I purchased for my soon to be up and running Giga system!

Peace Out!
    eric

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Vanya
    Sorry Eric, I do not think that this will become as large as Jon's GS3 system, but to clear some up for you, it largely depends on MONEY, what people can afford to use. I do not use ANY which came with GS3 Orchestra,they are very limited. I use Kirk Hunters Emerald almost exclusively. It is great. The second after the money, what you LIKE. I am very happy with Emerald.
    Ted
    Quite true. You have more choices with libraries still available in Giga 2 format.

Red face Re: GS3 sample libraries.

Scarbee's stuff is also very good 4 the classic electro mechanical EP's. There isn't very many new libraries 4 GS3, hoping when GVI comes out next year ( 2007 ) that this might change. Kontackt has very good support, and it's conversion program works well. I had to buy Translator to use my older libraries from Akai which still are selling from lack of support for GS3.

Where can you buy Translator and for how much. I remember reading something about GS3 is able to use AkaiS3000 samples, but you needed something (I think is was that Translator) to convert them. Am I correct here, or am I missing something? Thanks to everyone who has posted here so far.

I use Extreme Sample Convertor. It costs less. Part of the reason I bought was so I could convert all my Sampletank sounds to gigs and not use Sampletank anymore.

Okay, I found the links.

This one is for Extreme Sample Converter;

and this one goes to Chicken Systems website, where they sell Translator. I also noticed that they have a Special Edition where you can convert any of the supported formats into one specific format for a cheaper price. Has anyone used this version...or any version? What are the pros and cons of these programs? Thanks.

Go Back to forum