• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: To all composers and their demos!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up To all composers and their demos!

I listen all the time yet never have enough time to post responses for all. Unfortunately, often just for a few.
    So, let me say this section has to have the finest new composers of all forums I visit day to day. I have listen to a fantastic growth of all of you and the addition of may new comers with just as much enthusiasm!
    My highest musical compliments to all of you and well wishes for your futures! Excellent demos people! This section has proven to be my favorite place to stop for new music. Keep up the good work!
    My sincere gratitude to all excellent composers and their fine music demos. Now, back to our regular program.
    Styxx

Re: To all composers and their demos!

Styxx,

I have to agree with you... there are a lot of amazing composers on this forum, new and old. One of the things that amazes me is the speed at which folks post new pieces. Make me feel like I'm not writing as often as I should. LOL Shoot, Larry Alexander has always made me feel that way. Good Lord, that man is one prolific writer... or was that prophylactic? Anyway...

For all of us here... thank you.

My question for you is... when do we get another piece from you? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Paul

Prowland the posting Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Prowland
    My question for you is... when do we get another piece from you? Inquiring minds want to know.
    When the moon hits your eye likea bigga pizza pie!
    Actually, I have a lot on hold for now. My main focus is on getting my new music store ready by October. Lots of special plans in the works and some will hopefully involve all of you! Hint, hint.
    For now, I am very content in listening to the demos on this forum. But, I don't know about that Larry Alexander guy. He's just way too out there for me, like far out man and power to the people, right arm! (He is one prophylactic writer isn't he?)
    In the mean time check my power page for possible new stuffs.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    When the moon hits your eye likea bigga pizza pie!
    Actually, I have a lot on hold for now. My main focus is on getting my new music store ready by October. Lots of special plans in the works and some will hopefully involve all of you! Hint, hint.
    For now, I am very content in listening to the demos on this forum. But, I don't know about that Larry Alexander guy. He's just way too out there for me, like far out man and power to the people, right arm! (He is one prophylactic writer isn't he?)
    In the mean time check my power page for possible new stuffs.
    Styxx,

Your plans... are they Eeeeeevil plans? Bwa-ha haaa!!!

Sadly, I will be off to college in a mere 2 weeks! I will have no money for your plans. LOL Good luck with the new store!!! Still in the same area of New York?
    Paul

Prowland the posting Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Prowland
    Styxx,
    Your plans... are they Eeeeeevil plans? Bwa-ha haaa!!!

Sadly, I will be off to college in a mere 2 weeks! I will have no money for your plans. LOL Good luck with the new store!!! Still in the same area of New York?
    Mmmmmmm Eeeeeevil plans are the best kind. Good luck to ya Styxx on the store. Let us know when the Grand Opening is, put a link to it too!

In the mean time I need to gen-up some new stuff for the forum.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

There ain't NO place like Garritania... lol!

Actually, I'm quite serious about that. What an
    incredible gathering of talents, and more new
    ones all the time!

This place is getting to be like a shopping
    center for Who's Who In New Music!

Without a doubt, some of the clarion voices
    of composition for this new century are arising,
    right here...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Yes, thanks everyone who has posted music. I try to download and listen to everything here but I only have time to comment at random times. But I really enjoy the music and community.

YBaCuO

I completely agree. The talent on this forum is outstanding and very diverse. What a great inspiration for all composers. However, I am so tired from work, you know, to pay the bills, I just listen and sometime don't reply. I'll probably do that tonight. I enjoy listening to new works while sipping wine and unfortunately dozing off.... Please don't hold it against me.

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Styxx,

You've hit on something that I also find true. I am CONSTANTLY in awe of the talent here. It can almost be intimidating, if you let it.

My first few days lurking here were daunting. I heard demos that made me extremely jealous and almost depressed. I mean, the realism! The sophistication! The VARIETY!

I thought to myself, "What on EARTH can I possibly do here that will be of ANY good?" But... as I have come to learn, each of us has our own contribution to make here. We each have our own talents, abilities, techniques, and voices.

And the biggest factor that keeps me coming back here day after day is the positive vibe, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, and overall support you get here. After submitting my first demo, and receiving all sorts of comments, constructive criticism, and such, I KNEW I had come to the right place.

Find all that in another music forum! Thanks to the rest of you for helping me and for providing such an atmosphere of support and friendship!

Besides, we have Styxx!

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

I agree and also wish i had time to respond to all. This place is the best. This is a good thread for me to add that I have noticed some of the best music on the Internet can be found by clicking Styxx' user name.

David

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast