• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: What Mac Software to Cover Electric Pianos?

Share/Bookmark

What Mac Software to Cover Electric Pianos?

What's the best thing to get that will cover Wurlitzer, DX7 and Rhodes and be done with it? Anything out there to reach for when these pain in the rears become necessary? I'm in Nuendo on the Mac....thanks for any suggestions...

Tom
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Re: What Mac Software to Cover Electric Pianos?

Colossus has E. pianos. You can also check out the Garage band Jam packs. They are about $99 each but offer a lot of value and the instruments are almost as good as Colossus. Then there are Scarbees E pianos regarded as the best but they are a bit more expensive than the other options considering what you get. Also NI has an E piano VST as well.

Quote Originally Posted by js33
    Colossus has E. pianos. You can also check out the Garage band Jam packs. They are about $99 each but offer a lot of value and the instruments are almost as good as Colossus. Then there are Scarbees E pianos regarded as the best but they are a bit more expensive than the other options considering what you get. Also NI has an E piano VST as well.

I looked at Colossus but doesn't have a Wurly I don't think...was hoping there was one program that might have EVERY ELECTRIC PIANO IN THE WORLD or something

Thanks!

Tom
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

I'm the happy owner of 2 Scarbee EP's and the PCP-80. Those libraries kick serious ~~~. You might also consider Lounge Lizard. A different beast, but great stuff too.

tommy

Scarbee´s Rhodes is hard to beat when it comes to a sampled based emulation of the real thing (you need either Kontakt(Player) or Halion(Player) though). There are 2 inexpensice sample sets which are quite good (but not like Scarbee´s) from Worra at www.sampletekk.com and Precisionsound at www.precisionsound.net

Lounge Lizard 3 is the best epiano emulation on the market (imo). It has great sounds and a lot of tweakability.

I have both and I use them both for different purposes.

I think the Electric Piano collection from Native Instruments isn´t bad at all but this opinion is based from listening to the demos not personal experience.

Good luck
    Raindog

Scabee's Rhodes doesn't require any other sampler; it has it's own front end.

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman
    Scabee's Rhodes doesn't require any other sampler; it has it's own front end.
    I think this is only the case when you buy the keyboard bundle (it comes with a Halion Player). As far as I know the Rhodes as a single products is samples (Halion and Kontakt compatible) only. Correct me if I´m wrong.
    regards
    Raindog

I see your point. (My version of KGB came with the Halion player.) I don't know for sure about the other ways that it's packaged, so I'll let Thomas speak for himself.

For me, the solution is a combintion of the Scarbee KGB collection, in addition to the Yamaha Motif ES7. Yes, it's hardware, but it does have an extensive selection of different Rhodes sounds with a wide variety of processing techniqes.

Lounge lizard is the best

Native Instrument's is not bad either.

Neither one covers the DX7. For that you want NI's FM7
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Go Back to forum