• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Topic: Extract audio from .nks files

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Extract audio from .nks files

    Is there a way to extract audio from .nks files???

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Extract audio from .nks files

    Nope.

    Why do you want to extract the raw data?

  3. #3

    Re: Extract audio from .nks files

    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyD
    Why do you want to extract the raw data?
    For one thing, it would be nice to be able to create .gig files out of legitimately-purchased NI-based libraries (assuming that such activities, when done for one's own personal use, are acceptable under the applicable end-user licenses).....
    — alanb

    ...........................

    http://alanb.org

    http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Grenoble - France
    Posts
    353

    Re: Extract audio from .nks files

    Hmm, why not trying to open the NKS files in raw data mode with sound forge or any other sound editors ?
    Perhaps it will work

  5. #5

    Re: Extract audio from .nks files

    .nks files are encrypted and proprietary - they cannot be exported or copied without using them in a production and rendering the final mix.

    East West products, for example, use these so you cannot "steal" their work - just use it in your music.

    Mike

  6. #6

    Re: Extract audio from .nks files

    Yes, but it is possible. I'm even able to convert it to GIG. But maybe it won't be a good idea to give the method away.

  7. #7

    Re: Extract audio from .nks files

    Quote Originally Posted by Dis
    Yes, but it is possible. I'm even able to convert it to GIG. But maybe it won't be a good idea to give the method away.
    I totally agree...

    I remember someone posting a link describing how to get it done....

  8. #8

    Re: Extract audio from .nks files

    Quote Originally Posted by karmacomposer
    .nks files are encrypted and proprietary - they cannot be exported or copied without using them in a production and rendering the final mix.

    East West products, for example, use these so you cannot "steal" their work - just use it in your music.

    Mike
    Regarding those who cannot steal their work, search the net, you will find the cracks all over...

  9. #9

    Re: Extract audio from .nks files

    all people that ask these question want to input those great strings into Fruity Loops, which is also cracked. Probably the cracked program could not be registerd and this is the only option.

    On the other hand , maybe the guy is just curious.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Steve_Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA 15206 USA
    Posts
    1,425

    Re: Extract audio from .nks files

    Quote Originally Posted by Narator
    all people that ask these question want to input those great strings into Fruity Loops, which is also cracked. Probably the cracked program could not be registerd and this is the only option.

    On the other hand , maybe the guy is just curious.
    I'd be curious about it because it would allow the possibility or repairing poorly constructed instruments.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •