• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Les Champs"

Share/Bookmark

"Les Champs"

All,

This is my "Les Champs", featuring the GPO Steinway piano.

The left hand may be disconcerting to some of you. Throughout the work I wrote the chord on the first and third beats of the measure and the root notes on the second and fourth beats. This is backwards to the usual.

Regards to all,

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Les Champs"

Larry,

DARN YOU Texaaaans!!!

Another great one here, Larry. It almost has a rag feel to me. Even though the left hand was written opposite of the norm... my ear ended up thinking that the beat was shifting around to suit your purposes!

Larry Alexander manipulates time and space!!!

Very energetic... as always. I hope that I am able to hear your stuff once I start college. My dorm will have a dial-up connection . No more high-speed until the summer .

Keep'em comin', Larry... I have about 2 and a half weeks before I head out to Kentucky!
    Paul

Prowland the posting Ninja

Thank you, Mr. Paul.

Besides majoring in Chicks, what other course of study will you pursue?

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry,

Mainly chicks!!! And music comp! The don't officially offer it, but are willing to let me design my own major. Suffice to say, I'm nervous. I've never been to college... except as a janitor! LOL
    Paul

Prowland the posting Ninja

Very Very Nice Piano, Larry.

Backwards apparently works well and very interesting. How did you think of doing that, where are Les Champs, and what did you find there?

David

Quote Originally Posted by Prowland
    Larry,

Mainly chicks!!! And music comp! The don't officially offer it, but are willing to let me design my own major. Suffice to say, I'm nervous. I've never been to college... except as a janitor! LOL
    Don't be nervous. The kids are much quicker learners yes, but the playing field is somewhat leveled because older people have more life experience to draw on when writing papers.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Very Very Nice Piano, Larry.

Backwards apparently works well and very interesting. How did you think of doing that, where are Les Champs, and what did you find there?

David
    I thought of doing it because my mind is strange, wierd, warped, contorted, off-the-wall, bent, mangled, smushed, Republican and more.

I have no idea where Les Champs are. It's just a title. It means "The Fields" in Francaise...uh French.

Yours truthfully,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    I thought of doing it because my mind is strange, wierd, warped, contorted, off-the-wall, bent, mangled, smushed, Republican and more.

I have no idea where Les Champs are. It's just a title. It means "The Fields" in Francaise...uh French.

Yours truthfully,

Larry A.
    It's en Francaise. I know, I've been mangled and smushed before.

Thumbs up Re: "Les Champs"

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander

Yours truthfully,

Larry A.
    Nice tune. The reversed left hand works surprisingly well.

Paris inhabitants say "Les Champs" as a short name for "Les Champs Elysées", which is one of the largest and famest avenue in Paris.

Regards
    Pierre Laroche

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Laroche
    Nice tune. The reversed left hand works surprisingly well.

Paris inhabitants say "Les Champs" as a short name for "Les Champs Elysées", which is one of the largest and famest avenue in Paris.

Regards
    Merci for listening, Pierre, and thanks for the French lesson.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast