• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Full GPO Trumpet Solo KS Fix

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Full GPO Trumpet Solo KS Fix

When the Instrument Folder was created for use with Finale 2006, we were promised that the range on the Trumpet Solo KS .nki file would be fixed.

Well, unless I've missed an update, it still hasn't been fixed. Interestingly, this instrument was fixed for Sibelius 4.1, so (IMHO) shouldn't it be a simple matter to fix the legacy set for us stawlart GPOers who have been waiting patiently for almost a year now?

Thnx!

DrH

Re: Full GPO Trumpet Solo KS Fix

Since the migration to the new K2 player was going to include all updates and since that didn't happen when we thought it was going to happen - sorry about the delay! - I'll do the following: I'll go ahead and post a link to a repaired version of the keyswitched trumpet that should take care of the problem until the move to K2 actually happens. It took some time to find a way to do this without encountering problems with the encoded format of the files. As long as you maintain the correct folder hierarchy and your sample installation is on the default C drive - this should work. Here's the file: www.garritan.com/GPO_Files/Tpt1SoloKS.zip. The repaired .nki file will be inside a folder after unzipping. Replace the existing .nki file in your GPO installation by copying or moving the repaired .nki file to the location of the original file in the "Garritan Personal Orchestra/GPO Library/Instruments/9. Notation/2. Brass/2.Trumpets" folder. You may wish to set the original file aside in case this doesn't work on your installation.

By the way, anyone who has a full version of Kontakt can easily repair the existing file by choosing the first sustain group and setting the first keyswitch parameter box to C-2 instead of D-2 (so both boxes say “C-2.”)

This fix has also been incorporated in the Notation folder at the thread here: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45153

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Since the migration to the new K2 player was going to include all updates and since that didn't happen when we thought it was going to happen - sorry about the delay! -

Tom
    So when IS it going to happen?

Keith W

Quote Originally Posted by KeithW
    So when IS it going to happen?
    When pigs fly, satan dies from frostbite, americans are underweight, the universe collapses...
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by C J Pro
    When pigs fly, satan dies from frostbite, americans are underweight, the universe collapses...
    A lot more has to happen than just those trivial things! Now, where did I put my pig swatter - I hate those things buzzing around my head.

Tom

which trumpet exactly is being affected by these flying pigs?
    I vaguely remember reading there was a problem with one of the trumpets' ranges, but for the life of me can not find which one is the problem anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    which trumpet exactly is being affected by these flying pigs?
    I vaguely remember reading there was a problem with one of the trumpets' ranges, but for the life of me can not find which one is the problem anymore.
    The one named in my post: "Tpt 1 Solo KS" - Notation version only.

Tom

Mucho, mucho thanks, Sir Thomas!

I won't be able to give it a shot until tomorrow afternoon, but I'll let you know how it goes!

DrH

P.S. Not to be picky, but the link you included to another thread seems to have problems. Could you include a direct link here? Thnx!

Quote Originally Posted by DrH
    P.S. Not to be picky, but the link you included to another thread seems to have problems.
    Try it now.

Tom

did the update and it works perferctly, just extracted the file and copied the single trumpet solo file that came out of it.
    thank-you

Go Back to forum