• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2007 and Full GPO Concerns

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Finale 2007 and Full GPO Concerns

Elsewhere in this forum, Gary stated that we would not be able to play our Full GPO directly through Finale 2007 because it isn't coded yet for the new Kontakt 2 player used within Finale.

So now that Finale is shipping, here is my concern:

1. Will we be able to play Full GPO out through midi into Studio 2 *and* be able to take advantage of *all* of HP's new bells and whistles?

2. If not, have basic, yet essential instruments (i.e., muted brass and percussion toys) been added to Finale GPO so that we can at least continue doing basic scoring until such time as the Full GPO is coded for Kontakt 2?

Thnx!

DrH

Re: Finale 2007 and Full GPO Concerns

DrH,

Finale 2007 ships with the new Kontakt 2 player and the Finale version of GPO encoded for it. When Gary encodes the full GPO for the Kontakt 2 player, you'll be able to load that into Finale 2007's new player.

In the meantime though, you can still load the current full GPO using it's existing Kontakt 1 player into Finale 2007 with no problem at all. You can use it with Garritan studio being chosen in the midi setup, or directly from Finale's NI interface.

Jeff

Thanks for the lighting fast response!

So, if I understand correctly, I would simply drag the Kontakt 1.x dll into the Finale 2007 vst folder, just as I did with 2006.

Yes?

DrH

I don't know about that end of it. I've been doing beta on Finale using a Mac, and it just works for me without having to drag folders anywhere.

I would imagine that whatever you did to make 2006 work, would be the same for 2007

Jeff

Go Back to forum