• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Dream Awakening For Orchestra Or Wind Band

Share/Bookmark

Dream Awakening For Orchestra Or Wind Band

Yo everyone, I'm brand new to Garritan, composing, ad this forum. If anyone wants to listen to my song and tell me what they think, I would be greatly appreciative!!!

A peice known as Dream Awakening

You can listen to the laid back, more watery sound of the orchestra
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...?scoreid=75173

or the more recent rearranged version for a fiery wind ensemble
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...?scoreid=89713

I need comments. Ive only been composing for about 2 years and I could really use some pointers

Re: Dream Awakening For Orchestra Or Wind Band

Tubajedimr,

A direct link to the mp3 would be better. I already have to many passwords and locations to remember. That being said, I want to hear your stuff!! I have only been writing classical stuff for about a year, as opposed to your 2 years. I did spend 14 years writing and playing in a rock band. I tell you, they are two completely different animals!! LOL

Anyway, set up a direct link and we'r in business!

Later,
    Paul

Prowland the posting Ninja

The links should work now.

Benjamin,

That is freaking awesome!!!!! Both versions!!!! War, on the other hand... needs to be longer!!!

My only gripe would be that you used a little to much reverb for my taste... of course it could be my speakers!! I have crappy speakers right now.

You really know what you are doing. If you do not mind, could you listen to Mesmerize and tell me what you think of it? It is simplistic next to your work... I have only been composing classical stuff for about a year now. I will be starting college in a couple of weeks as a music comp major... at the ripe old age of 34! LOL You were a smart man to go ahead to college. Some of us require a few years to come to the same conclusion. LOL

Once again... your work was great!

Thank you for sharing,
    Paul

True about the reverb. It is a lot. And I dont use Sibelius reverb because my CPU cant handle it. I use a different program for reverb, and its only a demo, so it has like 1 reverb setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowland
    War, on the other hand... needs to be longer!!!
    This is true. It was created for a video game. The sequence the artist requested was a short segment for a war battle. And I gave them exactly that. It was a freelance job. I don't get many, as people haven't really recognized me yet, so I take anything, free or otherwise

Benjamin,

Do not get me wrong, what you have written there is great. I had to find something wrong so that I would feel better. LOL Just kidding. Does the reverb have a wet/ dry control? or is it just on/ off?

Anyway, I bookmarked your page so that I can go back and hear more!! Achtung!! Write more stuff!!!

Later,

P.s. Oh War was for a video game! That would explain the length. Hang onto it... it would be good for a demo. Have you thought about writing for games as a career? That is what I'm hoping for.
    Paul

Welcome to the forum, tubajedimr.

I'm not really qualified to give pointers, but I think your writing is absolutely awesome. Thanks for posting these.

David

Hey thanks! You can call me Benjamin, or Ben.

Cool! Then welcome, Ben!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast