• Register
  • Help

Topic: MIDI library VST

Share/Bookmark

MIDI library VST

Hey guys

I remember hearing about a VST or sample library which was like, a GM library but with 2gigs of samples... Just wondering if anyone knows what it is? Or can anyone recommend any good cheap (under 300$ or so) libraries that haev a good range of instruments.

David

Re: MIDI library VST

Sounds like QL's Colossus - it's more like 32 Gigs, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by davidjfranco
    Hey guys

I remember hearing about a VST or sample library which was like, a GM library but with 2gigs of samples... Just wondering if anyone knows what it is? Or can anyone recommend any good cheap (under 300$ or so) libraries that haev a good range of instruments.

David

Possibly NI Bandstand...however the reviews haven't been that good...

you have QL Colossus, you have Steinberg Hypersonic 2, you have Omnisynth. there are more but only this three AFAIK are GM-compliant.

and of course SoniVox (Sonic Implants) Muse and Garritan GM Library - but for these two we have to wait.

I'm waiting for Muse, but for now I'm for Hypersonic. maybe not the best sounding, but really user-friendly and inspiring. I didn't like Colossus "sound" - too distinctive for me. Omnisyth sounds nice and it's really small - one cd (but AFAIR it comes without any vst sample player).

EDIT: I forgot of course about NI Bandstand. didn't like the sound at all :/.

Go Back to forum