• Register
  • Help

Topic: Big Bob's vibrato script

Share/Bookmark

Big Bob's vibrato script

Hi all. I am having trouble getting this script to work. I had it working a while ago - even saved some presets, but now no matter what I do, it simply does not work. I went to d/l the ,zip file, but the site that was hosting it is no longer there. Does anyone have the .txt file that came with it, or can anyone offer some advice on what to do to get it to work?

Thanks much in advance

Re: Big Bob's vibrato script

Hi,
    Since the normal hosting is down I mirrored the page here (it contains the latest version):
    http://nilsliberg.se/ksp/scripts/sips/sips.htm

If the problem persists, please describe what version you're using and the nature of the problem.

Regards,
    Nils (maintainer of the SIPS scripts written by Big Bob)

Got it! Thank you very much!

Hi again. Ok, so I guess the issue I am having is I need the keyboard's mod wheel to get it to work. If I launch K2, load an instrument, follow the instructions, it works great. I save the instrument as-is, with the script, and if I shut off the keyboard, and re-load the instrument, the script does not work. Until I power on the keyboard, and jerk the mod wheel. This seems to "wake it up" - it needs toe see the mod wheel in order for it to work. Is this the way it is supposed to be, or am I missing something?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by RiffWraith
    Hi again. Ok, so I guess the issue I am having is I need the keyboard's mod wheel to get it to work. If I launch K2, load an instrument, follow the instructions, it works great. I save the instrument as-is, with the script, and if I shut off the keyboard, and re-load the instrument, the script does not work. Until I power on the keyboard, and jerk the mod wheel. This seems to "wake it up" - it needs toe see the mod wheel in order for it to work. Is this the way it is supposed to be, or am I missing something?

Cheers.
    Are you sure the problem isn't inherent in the instrument you're using. If you bypass the script, save your project, relanch K2 and then try to play without moving the mod wheel, does it work?
    One common cause of this type of problem is groups that are modulated by a MIDI CC where the initial value (the undocumented control to the right of the CC number) has been set to -1 in Kontakt. I have never really got the point of using this -1 value since it can often be quite confusing. It seems that all instruments converted by K2 from GIGA format which uses CC modulation automatically get this -1 initial value. You might try to look for any such modulation and see if changing -1 into 0 helps (maybe you need to reload the project once after such a change, I don't know).

Please let me know if the problem persists.

Regards,
    Nils

Hi Nils -

"Are you sure the problem isn't inherent in the instrument you're using"

Pretty sure - this happens in ALL instruments and/or multis.

"If you bypass the script, save your project, relanch K2 and then try to play without moving the mod wheel, does it work?"

Well, I am not sure why you ask about bypassing the script. If I do that, save, relanch K2 and then try to play, the script is still bypassed - unless I am misunderstanding.

I will reform the question, so we can bothe be clear. (you don't mind me putting words in your mouth, do you? LOL!)

"If you loadan instrument, load the script, make adjustments, get the script working to where you want it (using the mod wheel), save the project, relanch K2 and then try to play without moving the mod wheel, does it work?"

No.

That control to the right of the CC number is NOT set to -1, and these are EWQL instruments that have not been converted.

Uhh, that's all I have for right now. Thanks for your attention to this!

BTW - do you communicate with Bob? I hope he is feeling ok....

Cheers.

Hi again
    When I load an instrument in a newly started Kontakt and load the vibrato script I don't need to move any controller to get it to start for me. If you test with one of the (non-crossfade) sustained VSL patches, do you have the same problem? Unfortunately I don't own any EWQL instruments. Anybody who does and recognize this problem? Do you use Kontakt from within a sequencer or as standalone? I tested this in K2.1.1.001 standalone on PC.

I will reform the question, so we can bothe be clear. (you don't mind me putting words in your mouth, do you? LOL!)

"If you load an instrument, load the script, make adjustments, get the script working to where you want it (using the mod wheel), save the project, relanch K2 and then try to play without moving the mod wheel, does it work?"

No.
    Yeah, that was clear from your first post. However, that in itself doesn't prove that the problem stems from the script. To know that one has to test both with the script and without it (bypassed or unloaded). That was what I meant. I would like to make sure that the script can be isolated as the problem before starting to dig into the code.

That control to the right of the CC number is NOT set to -1, and these are EWQL instruments that have not been converted.

Uhh, that's all I have for right now. Thanks for your attention to this!

BTW - do you communicate with Bob? I hope he is feeling ok....

Cheers.
    I see. That's strange. Are you sure you didn't miss any modulation (eg. modulation of Amplifier). I really thought this was the cause. Btw. it's hard to know what instruments have been converted, even if you bought it for Kontakt2 the mapping may have been originally converted from gig format. In any case, it's easiest to do the test above - start Kontakt afresh without vs. with the script and see if it makes a difference. If you use K2 as a plugin, please also try if the behaviour of the standalone version is any different.

I haven't spoken with Bob for some time now, so I don't know how he's doing. I hope he's feeling ok.

Nils

Go Back to forum