• Register
  • Help

Topic: jabb and finale question

Share/Bookmark

Cool jabb and finale question

Can someone tell me a simple way to install JABB into finale 2006,? I'm kinda confused about the process, it seems I'm only getting gen. midi sounds. What files go into what directories, etc. thanks

Re: jabb and finale question

Quote Originally Posted by ual10
    Can someone tell me a simple way to install JABB into finale 2006,? I'm kinda confused about the process, it seems I'm only getting gen. midi sounds. What files go into what directories, etc. thanks
    Hi...

First, make sure that you have the latest version of 2006 (ver. 2006c).
    Then copy (don't move) the Garritan JazzVST.dll from its current location (for me, C:\Program Files\Garritan Jazz Big Band\VST, I think [I'm at work]) to the FinaleVST folder (for me, C:\Program Files\Finale 2006\Finale VST--for sure ). There is also some new default file for 2006 & JABB--it will allow Finale to recognize the "lite" instruemnts--as well as a JABB update. Make sure you have them as well.

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by ual10
    and make sure you've got the most recent updates of both, and check that you've got the notation version of JABB installed also.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax
    Hi...

First, make sure that you have the latest version of 2006 (ver. 2006c).
    Then copy (don't move) the Garritan JazzVST.dll from its current location (for me, C:\Program Files\Garritan Jazz Big Band\VST, I think [I'm at work]) to the FinaleVST folder (for me, C:\Program Files\Finale 2006\Finale VST--for sure ). There is also some new default file for 2006 & JABB--it will allow Finale to recognize the "lite" instruemnts--as well as a JABB update. Make sure you have them as well.

Jim
    Jim,

Just wondering, since you're an Overture & Finale user, what criteria do you use to decide, what program to use for a specific project?

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Jim,

Just wondering, since you're an Overture & Finale user, what criteria do you use to decide, what program to use for a specific project?

Jeff
    Hi, Jeff...

*Paying client asks for Finale==>Finale (though I do not let the .mus file out)
    *Chart for my own groups==>Overture
    *Under tight time pressure==>Overture
    *Finicky paying client==>Finale (but see below)
    *Lotsa VSTs==>Overture
    *Lotsa MIDI tweaking for (perhaps) a demo==>Overture

Actually, I'm sorta trying to move to a common set of looks using either program, which requires a lot of font mapping (a regal PITA) in Overture and .FAN file creation in Finale (merely a common PITA), spacing settings, etc. If this dern day job wouldn't keep interfering, I'd be closer than I am now. The eventual goal is to make output from one indistinguishable from output of the other, or at least as close as possible.

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Go Back to forum